Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Windows 8 in Development.
Microsoft seem to be pumping out the operating systems at the moment.

Heres a few rumors:
windows8news Wrote:Now although information about Windows 8 will eventually become available, rather than the lack of information to this day about WMDs, Windows 8 details still remain sketchy. Here are Windows 8’s Known Knowns:

It will be called Windows 8 and there’s even a Windows 9 in the pipeline
It will be released no earlier than 2012 – it is unlikely it will be released in 2011
It will have new networking features
It will include 128 bit support and will see the end of 32 bit Operating Systems
It won’t be Microsoft’s last client based OS - Steve Ballmer says that won’t happen for 10-20 years.
Gee, already?
Wow, they're working hard and fast down at microsoft.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
I think they're doing pretty well.
I'm very happy with Windows 7.
Actually, I have to admit I do like Windows 7. It's very customizable, and has alot of features and runs as fast as Xp; if not faster. It really is a great OS.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Hm.

Perhaps they should intend to keep working with Windows 7, improving upon that before moving on to something "bigger and better"..

-LS
[Image: r7g7j89si72ysmkv4yzm.png]

"Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow."
It will be stupid if they would call it Windows 8, they will have to come with some new good code name Tongue.
There is still a bunch of 32 Bit computers out there. I doubt they will halt the production of 32bit OS's.
[Image: signature.php?uid=1]
the computer i am running uses 32, but i will be getting 64, however i do not think that they will cut 32bit off. More people use 32bit than any other processor bit.
(12-29-2009, 09:09 AM)WMM Wrote: There is still a bunch of 32 Bit computers out there. I doubt they will halt the production of 32bit OS's.
32-bit is old technology. Old technology gets phased out. By 2012 I am sure most computers sold will have 128-bit. Perhaps the i7-980x will usher it in for us. M$ will most likely get rid of 32-bit because if they do that means people who want to use w8 have to get new systems. Them getting new systems will give the tech market the boost it needs.
True, but still. You would be shocked how many people use 32Bit computers. Heck I won't mind it.
[Image: signature.php?uid=1]