Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What FIREWALL Are You Using?
Tested many and for my purpose i like zonealarm. And ironically i have a full account but prefer the free version.
Outbound activity is all i care about and zonealarm free deals with that just fine.
I do however run other tools but this is a firewall thread so i will keep on topic.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Pah I remember using Zone Alarm 5 years ago on my dads computer Tongue We upgraded from 95 to XP Tongue and got ZoneAllarm.
Yea i have been using zonealarm for about 3 years now. I did use Mcafee before that but they changed there firewall into some stupid thing it is today so i gave up paying them my hard earned $.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

ESET Security has one built in. I've never had a problem.
windows lol
Firewalls are less important than they used to be. Most routers have firewalls. People use to connect directly to a modem but now everyone has a small home network. Individual computer firewalls are more of a hassle than anything else.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I have a AT&T router. It has great firewall protection ebcuase well I tured a few things on on it nd etc. It stops most viruses. I can still run one on it if it get's by. 95% of the time they don't get by.
[Image: HFTOTW2DR.png]

Quote:Firewalls are less important than they used to be. Most routers have firewalls. People use to connect directly to a modem but now everyone has a small home network. Individual computer firewalls are more of a hassle than anything else.

:o, Do you think i should have a software firewall on my VPN box? (Windows)
Not using one at the moment except for my router's default.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
ATM I have Kaspersky firewall built in with my AV, and it works fine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I disable firewall without being Admin? ONeShoT 5 1,554 07-11-2013, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Connected
  Is it true that Commodo Firewall interferes with Avast Anti-virus? Alreiger 8 3,574 03-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Alreiger
  Do I REALLY Need a Firewall? Kharnage 29 6,381 02-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Tank
  Need a Firewall InsideSin 2 934 11-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Kharnage