Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What FIREWALL Are You Using?
Hey guys, what firewall are you all using?
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
Zone Alarm Pro

ESET Smart Security.
Good and Bad you Decide.
SupermanDevlish
All of those are okay, I use no firewall that is out, I have custom made firewall that has ESET, ZONE, And some anti virus combined. But ubuntu don't really need a firewall as there is no compatable viruses FTW! xD I mean you can type rm /~ and delete all the files on your system kinda like del C:/ in windows but in ubuntu that command actual can execute like in windows you type it and hit y for yes ti does nothing.
I have Online Armor right now and it really slows down my computer startup, please tell me a firewall that won't slow the computer startup.
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
Comodo Firewall. Smile
(12-26-2009, 01:17 AM)Ganjafreak Wrote: All of those are okay, I use no firewall that is out, I have custom made firewall that has ESET, ZONE, And some anti virus combined. But ubuntu don't really need a firewall as there is no compatable viruses FTW! xD I mean you can type rm /~ and delete all the files on your system kinda like del C:/ in windows but in ubuntu that command actual can execute like in windows you type it and hit y for yes ti does nothing.

Wow how little you know. Ubuntu does get viruses its just some what rare plus these virus don't just mess up ubuntu they will also go to any other partions or os's you may have installed as well.

As for the firewall I'm shocked your computer still works because mixing AVs like that are extremely bad and can have unsafe consequences.
Good and Bad you Decide.
SupermanDevlish
I don't use a firewall. Smile
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Comodo Internet Security, free, has an AV bundled, has defense +. Light weight and easy to configure and use!

I personally prefer it over Zone alarm.
Windows Firewall ;).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I disable firewall without being Admin? ONeShoT 5 1,554 07-11-2013, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Connected
  Is it true that Commodo Firewall interferes with Avast Anti-virus? Alreiger 8 3,571 03-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Alreiger
  Do I REALLY Need a Firewall? Kharnage 29 6,379 02-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Tank
  Need a Firewall InsideSin 2 934 11-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Kharnage