Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My website
I think he means:

Would they use bots to check the websites. As there's over 20million websites on the internet and they can't all be check one by one.
More than likely, as it's done right there on the spot.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(12-30-2009, 06:25 AM)MarkW7 Wrote: I think he means:

Would they use bots to check the websites. As there's over 20million websites on the internet and they can't all be check one by one.

I believe they may use open sources to measure traffic and page rank via Google and Alexa...or at least, I think that may be a contributing factor. I'm gonna research this one in a little bit more depth Smile
The website isn't giving correct results, it says Google is worth $188,341,824 (more than it priced YouTube) and YouTube was sold for 1.65 billion to Google ages ago, I also tried putting a dead private server (WoW server) address in there it got valued over $1000, and then I tried one of the most popular private servers, an it said $43 or something.
(12-30-2009, 12:13 PM)Cida Wrote: The website isn't giving correct results, it says Google is worth $188,341,824 (more than it priced YouTube) and YouTube was sold for 1.65 billion to Google ages ago, I also tried putting a dead private server (WoW server) address in there it got valued over $1000, and then I tried one of the most popular private servers, an it said $43 or something.

i think you just jealous cuz ima be rich Tongue :Superman:
[Image: wwsigcopy.jpg]
(12-30-2009, 12:13 PM)Cida Wrote: The website isn't giving correct results, it says Google is worth $188,341,824 (more than it priced YouTube) and YouTube was sold for 1.65 billion to Google ages ago, I also tried putting a dead private server (WoW server) address in there it got valued over $1000, and then I tried one of the most popular private servers, an it said $43 or something.

No website gives correct results. It is missing the most important part of any sale. The human element. You'd be hard pressed to find someone willing to pay what a website says the value is of a site.

There is also the element of amount of income for a site. If a site is earning mid xx each day, that site is worth more than a site that earns low x / day. When I look to purchase a site the biggest thing I look at is traffic, traffic source, and income. I've paid 18 x monthly income before for a site, I've also paid 4 x monthly income for a site. It really depends on too many factors than what a website script can tell you.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(12-31-2009, 07:09 AM)Grizzly Wrote: No website gives correct results. It is missing the most important part of any sale. The human element. You'd be hard pressed to find someone willing to pay what a website says the value is of a site.

There is also the element of amount of income for a site. If a site is earning mid xx each day, that site is worth more than a site that earns low x / day. When I look to purchase a site the biggest thing I look at is traffic, traffic source, and income. I've paid 18 x monthly income before for a site, I've also paid 4 x monthly income for a site. It really depends on too many factors than what a website script can tell you.
everyones just jellous eh? Tongue
My, parked, domain is worth $67.
Load of crap.
(12-30-2009, 11:41 PM)Genius Wrote: i think you just jealous cuz ima be rich Tongue :Superman:

Its just a computers estimation it doesn't mean anyone will buy it for that price. Just because it gives you that number it doesn't mean anything. Genius. Smile
(01-01-2010, 03:31 PM)lil PopTart kid Wrote: Its just a computers estimation it doesn't mean anyone will buy it for that price. Just because it gives you that number it doesn't mean anything. Genius. Smile

Haha obv. mate, i was just having some fun, unless my website is truly ub3r and i can sell it for like .2 mill..

Are you jealous also my friend?