Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can't find original SONY VAIO VGN-NW 150J firmware
hi, I'm new to the forum so bare with me. Any, i replaced the original vista OS on my laptop and was running ubuntu linux for a few months and then i reinstalled windows and messed up partitioning and lost my Linux partition, no big deal i figured I'd install windows and then reinstall ubuntu, so i loaded the drivers off the Internet as my SONY VAIO VGN-NW 150j (the computer in question) didn't come with a recovery disc (damn sony!) i got all the drivers and firmware updates, windows runs fine but when i tried booting my ubuntu live cd or using WUBI to install ubuntu again i get a busy box error, so i tried doing different kernel commands as suggested on the ubuntu forum but i still get the error so i figured I'd try booting knoppix off a CD to try that but it wouldn't boot ether so i came to suspect that it was a issue with the updated firmware and or drivers so i checked on the sony site for older drivers and firmware but i can't find any and my laptop didn't come with a recovery CD, what should i do?
i found the firmware but it wont let me downgrade ill try posting on the Linux section of this website
i found the firmware but it wont let me downgrade ill try posting on the Linux section of this website if anyone else had trouble installing ubuntu like this

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  avast.com/find-order ☎ 1-888-886-7533 || Avast Find Order deltanadiya 0 414 07-17-2019, 10:46 PM
Last Post: deltanadiya
  Does sony software only work with sony software Resistance 1 676 01-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity