Support Forums

Full Version: can't find original SONY VAIO VGN-NW 150J firmware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, I'm new to the forum so bare with me. Any, i replaced the original vista OS on my laptop and was running ubuntu linux for a few months and then i reinstalled windows and messed up partitioning and lost my Linux partition, no big deal i figured I'd install windows and then reinstall ubuntu, so i loaded the drivers off the Internet as my SONY VAIO VGN-NW 150j (the computer in question) didn't come with a recovery disc (damn sony!) i got all the drivers and firmware updates, windows runs fine but when i tried booting my ubuntu live cd or using WUBI to install ubuntu again i get a busy box error, so i tried doing different kernel commands as suggested on the ubuntu forum but i still get the error so i figured I'd try booting knoppix off a CD to try that but it wouldn't boot ether so i came to suspect that it was a issue with the updated firmware and or drivers so i checked on the sony site for older drivers and firmware but i can't find any and my laptop didn't come with a recovery CD, what should i do?
i found the firmware but it wont let me downgrade ill try posting on the Linux section of this website
i found the firmware but it wont let me downgrade ill try posting on the Linux section of this website if anyone else had trouble installing ubuntu like this