Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux Vs. Windows
Wine is pretty unstable and not the best solution. You are able to run Linux in Windows and Windows in Linux with something magical called Virtuelbox. I was never a fan of Virtuelbox and prefer to just have them both installed allowing me to dual boot them.
(12-29-2009, 11:28 PM)Zomaian Wrote: Wine is pretty unstable and not the best solution. You are able to run Linux in Windows and Windows in Linux with something magical called Virtuelbox. I was never a fan of Virtuelbox and prefer to just have them both installed allowing me to dual boot them.

Wrong again. Wine is stable for me. I run apps for days at a time under wine.
And yes i was the one who mentioned virtualbox.
There is simply no need to reboot now days IMHO there are options available to not do this. Sure you split your ram but if you have heaps its not an issue.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(12-29-2009, 11:38 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Wrong again. Wine is stable for me. I run apps for days at a time under wine.
And yes i was the one who mentioned virtualbox.
There is simply no need to reboot now days IMHO there are options available to not do this. Sure you split your ram but if you have heaps its not an issue.
What do you mean stable? I mean it works but sometimes the graphics hang depending on the software you try to run and the GUI doesn't look that good. Also big software such as Photoshop runs slower and is laggier/buggier.
Hell yes. I cant even get dreamweaver to work properly in wine. And flash has some small problems also.
Fact is if Wine could handle all .exe's i would switch to linux dedicated but because it cant i stay with windows.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I've never tried Wine, personally i use XP on my main PC running VMwarePlayer with Vista and backtrack 4 in there.

If Wine could run every .exe no problem i'd go to linux.
(12-20-2009, 11:06 PM)Аноним Интерфейс Wrote: I believe the only reason people still use Windows is because it is the most SUPPORTED. But if linux was given the same opportunity it would well surpass it.
Linux won't surpass Windows or even Mac until it is dumbed down for the average user. I gaurantee you even with massive support not a lot of people will want to go back to the days of cli.
Linux is not all CLI especially distros like Ubuntu. The only reason people love Windows is because their computer comes with it.
(02-14-2010, 04:55 AM)MarkW7 Wrote: Linux is not all CLI especially distros like Ubuntu. The only reason people love Windows is because their computer comes with it.
Exactly
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
WINDOWS!! Big Grin , I like windows way more than Linux and there is more software for Windows
| Conor C - The SkySpace
| Managed and Unmanaged Dedicated Servers and VPS.
| 99.9% Uptime Guarantee • 7 Day Money Back Guarantee
I would use Linux but I don't think my tablet laptop is supported for my tablet drivers. I might try one day Big Grin