Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux Vs. Windows
Well, I used to run windows because I didn't know any better... then I met my close friend linux and I never quite been the same... it took me a long time to get used to linux because I had been brainwashed and oblivious to the world around me. Plus Linux doesn't receive virus' like Windows does anyhow. The linux software is also open source and IMHO 10x better then anything/everything windows has put out. So...
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
Windows really isn't THAT bad. The think is is that it makes up a lot of the market share. It truly is user friendly even though when I get behind it for some reason I'm dumbfounded. But, I will say this, and it's just an opinion Windows is better then Mac.
[Image: Uhriventis.gif]
Have fun typing your codes to do simple tasks.
In my opinion, windows is the best, because MAC's are rip-offs and are fad for most people.
My reasoning behind not using linux is why make it harder for myself, when I can just use one of the biggest and most well supported OS that is out there? Any problem I have can be solved with a quick google. I have seen a lot of linux problems that have never been answered (on other forums).
If you get a virus, your stupid.
(12-20-2009, 10:59 PM)Extasey Wrote: Have fun typing your codes to do simple tasks.
In my opinion, windows is the best, because MAC's are rip-offs and are fad for most people.
My reasoning behind not using linux is why make it harder for myself, when I can just use one of the biggest and most well supported OS that is out there? Any problem I have can be solved with a quick google. I have seen a lot of linux problems that have never been answered (on other forums).
If you get a virus, your stupid.
I believe the only reason people still use Windows is because it is the most SUPPORTED. But if linux was given the same opportunity it would well surpass it.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
Windows isn't bad if you know what you're doing.
Linux has many distro's there are plenty of open source apps for it aswell.
Beware the snowman, for he brings the cold.
~Pm me about Hardware problems. Desktop/Laptop.
The open source-ness of Linux is pretty cool, but I have no need for it.
(12-20-2009, 11:08 PM)Extasey Wrote: The open source-ness of Linux is pretty cool, but I have no need for it.

And that's fine. Exactly why you don't use it.
[Image: Uhriventis.gif]
(12-20-2009, 11:08 PM)Extasey Wrote: The open source-ness of Linux is pretty cool, but I have no need for it.
And so let it be... that's what makes it what it is.
Windows hands down. Dont get me wrong i use and like linux but its just not the same in the desktop environment.
Sure as a server or business network or something then completely different.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Linux are much more difficult and annoying. For example, why should you have to use command line to install something? Why can't it be done with just a double-click? Secondly, there is a great portion of hardware not supported by Linux, for which you can't find drivers anywhere. Anyway, what you pay is what you get.
My software company: Porosis Software
Games: Terrantula
Apps: Mathanasis, ColorGrabber