Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux Vs. Windows
(12-21-2009, 09:20 AM)thanasis2028 Wrote: Linux are much more difficult and annoying. For example, why should you have to use command line to install something? Why can't it be done with just a double-click? Secondly, there is a great portion of hardware not supported by Linux, for which you can't find drivers anywhere. Anyway, what you pay is what you get.
LOL, you ever heard of ubuntu? There is a distro for everyone.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
Windows is commercial we have to support open source because it's free, because isn't bad. The most of people who "went" definitely to linux won't return to Windows. Future is for open source(Y).

AH! are you worried in security? LINUX haven't VIRUSBig Grin
My boyfriend just recently introduced me to Linux. I don't know ANY commands so I just get him to install anything I need since it's a bit complicating. I've always been a Windows fan and I'm hoping to get Windows 7 and have that and OpenSuse on my computer. My only complaint about Linux, other then all the commands, is that I can't play some games on it.

I bought Sims 3 several months ago, but by that point my PSU fried taking my Hard drive with it. The fix? New PSU, new hard drive (which I won 150 free gis and ended up with a 650 one, so can't complain) and Linux. Originally my computer came with windows XP media edition, but we've tried everything to get it back and can't.
(12-21-2009, 11:42 AM)Red Panda Wrote: My boyfriend just recently introduced me to Linux. I don't know ANY commands so I just get him to install anything I need since it's a bit complicating. I've always been a Windows fan and I'm hoping to get Windows 7 and have that and OpenSuse on my computer. My only complaint about Linux, other then all the commands, is that I can't play some games on it.

I bought Sims 3 several months ago, but by that point my PSU fried taking my Hard drive with it. The fix? New PSU, new hard drive (which I won 150 free gis and ended up with a 650 one, so can't complain) and Linux. Originally my computer came with windows XP media edition, but we've tried everything to get it back and can't.
Please quit with the font sizing; it's getting on my nerves.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
(12-21-2009, 09:42 AM)Аноним Интерфейс Wrote: LOL, you ever heard of ubuntu? There is a distro for everyone.
They are not that different. All linux have these same problems.
My software company: Porosis Software
Games: Terrantula
Apps: Mathanasis, ColorGrabber
I prefer Windows just because it has more available software and drivers, gaming is also a plus.
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
I prefer windows.... much better than linux imo.
If Linux was bundled with more computers then it'd be cool. The only reason people use Windows is because it's there.

You can run Windows programs in Linux, even photoshop! in Wine. But you can't run Linux in Windows.

Linux is FREE, and you can do more things, the internet is run off linux.

But i use Windows 90% of the time, Backtrack 10%.

meh..
Windows by a long shot. Linux is alright and they got brilliant ideas but the problem is that no one owns the rights to it making it a open software. If no one has the rights to it its hard to make money of it because if Ubuntu starts charging money than people will just Use Mint or any other Linux version that is close to Ubuntu. Without any money its hard for those projects to grow or make any money.

Linux communities and projects depend on donations and Linux lovers and that isn't enough to compete with paid software and especially with Microsoft or Apple.
(12-29-2009, 10:07 AM)MarkW7 Wrote: You can run Windows programs in Linux, even photoshop! in Wine. But you can't run Linux in Windows.
Thats simply true. You could run the entire os under Virtualbox.
Wine is simply an emulator at the end of the day.
Now you could also install linux along side windows so you dont have to reboot pc.
andLinux its called.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM