Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptop Overheating.
return the laptop and demand a replacement and if they say no tell them your not leaving without a fuss, my father says that line everytime and works everytime Smile, if they still refuse ask for the manager Smile. a laptop that sits at a temperature like that wont last long Smile. hope this helps Smile!
My laptop used to do this, but I found out there was a large amount of dust in the fan. Clearing that out with an air compressor worked for me Tongue
Mine did this too and it was really bad to the point where it was shutting off... I bought a cooling fan (base) for it and it works wonders Smile
so i have a dell studio 1536 it getts pretty hot i play wow an it hits like 72 the highest ive seen it was 80c is that normal im not much of a hardware guys so idk what normal temps are
regular temps is 50 to 58c
Are you sure nothing is blocking it from ventilation?
Try updating the graphics card. I had the NVIDIA 8600M GT. That is the main problem I believe. Do you get any BSOD's due to heat and is the Hibernate/Sleep mode enabled on your computer? When I had problems with my card with overheating those modes were off until I updated the drivers for the graphics card and everything is running fine and the computers heat cooled down dramatically.
[Image: 25ibtxj.png]
I would take the laptop back and tell them about the problem.
80 centigrade is bad. When mine over heats its steady at that and 100 centigrade, but idle its like 50* centigrade.
[Image: rbwq3a.png]
Id suggest a metal tray type deal with a fan, its what I use, and it works wonders, my laptop used to have slight issues with getting warm, but I dont have any problems like that anymore. what id suggest is tilting your laptop slightly upward by using a book or something so that the fan blows the hot air out, that will help it a lot.
Try buying one of those cooling pads that distributes the heat. Mine was doing this also but I bought one of those and it stopped.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Overheating Laptop Mr Lew 35 4,805 12-06-2010, 01:48 AM
Last Post: Chimi
  Laptop overheating win32.[J]ack[B]arr.dll 19 1,926 10-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Apocalypse