Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptop Overheating.
previous to this topic, i bought an asus pro50g laptop or something arathar, 2gb ram, 360gb hdd, 2ghz dual core, wi-fi, nvidia 8200m etc, and it overheated like mad, to the point it shut down, at the moment i have it about 25mm off the ground on a cooling pad when it keeps a steady 80 D'Centigrade, i have the underide case off which seems to help it, ive blown it out with compressed air etc, should i just take it back to the shop i bought it from?

oh and another thing, when i play high processing games(world of warcraft etc) it heats up to like 85ish d.
If i was you mate id take the laptop back, it seems like a hardware issue that you cannot fix.

Take it back to the shop and demand a replacement!

"Dont forget to back up your files hehe"
Yep take it back. Sure you could clear the dust from around the processor and probably fix the problem but that not your problem.
You purchased something in good faith and they sold you a dud. You should not need to use a cooling pad.
Bad luck mate and i hope they give you a replacement and perhaps even a small upgrade for your trouble.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

You can try to buy a "laptop table" with coolers.
(12-21-2009, 10:35 AM)kaigen Wrote: You can try to buy a "laptop table" with coolers.

Think the guy allready has got one "please read" ^ ^ ^ Thumbsup
Did you buy it from a store new or some stranger? If you got new and it is under warranty take it back. If it was some guy who lives in France you met on Ebay, upgrade the fans.
i bought it from jb-hi, i took it back, i just got it today, ive noticed the heat difference already,its a steady 60 degrees even when plying wow etc.
60 degrees sounds much better mate. For a laptop anyway.
Glad to hear you got it sorted out.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

This happened to my dad Toshiba. He literary threw 300 dollars at it for repairing costs and after it got repaired it only worked for 2 weeks. You got to get a new CPU cooler or just a new laptop if the overheating did to much damage.
all the laptops are build on the edge of overheating because they have to put so many things in such a small space. I got an asus m51 but it rarely overheats. yours may be a manufacturer's fault Im not sure.. for heavy games Im almost sure the nvidia is to blame for the overheat.. my radeon is just fine with them Tongue Bring it to shop and see what they have to say, but if it turns out to be a manufacturer's fault there's little you can do. Search Google for some reviews on your model and see if other people are complaining about the same thing.If nothing helps you may have to exit the world of warcraft Smile
Verum quaere et insaniam inveni

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Overheating Laptop Mr Lew 35 4,800 12-06-2010, 01:48 AM
Last Post: Chimi
  Laptop overheating win32.[J]ack[B]arr.dll 19 1,919 10-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Apocalypse