Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God?
Now let us don't look at how he does his job, "He" gave us free will and also an ability to differ good from evil.
Some people, not only that don't care about the path they take or what actions they make, but they also belive in Good and Evil as much as in God. (which is in thier cases also non existent)
As you have the free will, you are your own God and all actions you make are been approved by you, seeing those actions as good in any matter!
If you shouldn't have noticed, most people that do bad things are getting all the pain they've caused back! Sometimes it takes longer but in the End they are being hurt same as they've hurt others.

Now why does God don't do anything, that's simple, I give you a keyboard with the BIG RED button on it where "Don't Push" is written down.
It's just my warning to you that you shouldn't push the button, if you do you need to get along with what will happen!

Causing Pain in most cases leaves a scar on both sides somewhere in their Soul, those who hurt someone are not only hurting thier victim but them selfs too!

In the End, everyone get what s/he deserves, and this is not a belif, it's a fact!
Charma is also something real!

edit:
@Аноним Интерфейс

I too have expirienced few things and moments you could say, God was keeping me safe and talked to me!
Those events occured because it was my biggest wish and as our brain is powerful, it can make a whole new reality in which you belive.....
I talked(prayed) to God many times in my life and I could say he talked back, but now I know it was just my wish that made me notice things I wouldn't normally...
Those things were a perfect answer on my questions to God... But again it only happend because I was search for the answer badly.
(12-14-2009, 06:48 PM)Socrates Wrote: Who here believes in god? I don't but well im black so my mom makes me read the bible and the whole time im saying screw god. But seriously who here believes or don't. Im on the atheist side =p

Atheist.
The bible never made sense to me.
The concept of "Praying to God" eludes me.
I'm a man of science anyway.
Beware the snowman, for he brings the cold.
~Pm me about Hardware problems. Desktop/Laptop.
(12-15-2009, 12:11 AM)Grizzly Wrote: The answer is no. I gave up imaginary friends when I was young. I can't bring myself to believe in a bronze age book of fairy tales which were written by man.

Thank you. God is akin to Santa Claus, the problem is that parents believe in him too. There is NO reason to even remotely believe in any part of the bible and if you can't justify believing in the bible, you have no reason to believe in any other parts of the religion. (That was of course targeted towards Christianity but it goes for other religions as well)
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
I do. This is the new rule: All non-aethists must answer only one question logically if they are to post here; If there is no God, explain the creation of this universe, or if you believe in the multiverse theory, explain how the multiverse came into being.
[Image: vhc689.jpg]
do noт мaĸe мe мad. ι wιll ĸιll yoυ.
-rep me if you want to get banned! please!
Anonymous rep is for freakin cowards!
Quote: I do. This is the new rule: All non-aethists must answer only one question logically if they are to post here; If there is no God, explain the creation of this universe, or if you believe in the multiverse theory, explain how the multiverse came into being.

Uh, no? OK, I wasn't going to get into a religious flame war, but you have no right to demand 'evidence' from us about ANYTHING, when it's Y'ALL that believe a magical (yes, magical is what his apparant abilities constitute as) being in the sky whom has never been seen created an entire universe in 7 days, and that the reason humans are damned to an evil Earth is because a naked woman was coaxed into eating an apple from evil tree by a talking snake. So, if anyone should present a sound argument, it's you.

Don't be so f**king cocky. Everyone has the right to their own religion; you have no right to try to challenge that. Do you really think that you trying to shoot down OUR beliefs will go over well? God (yes, pun intended) knows that we'll never shoot y'all's down, no matter how absurd they sound.

PS: You said non-atheists, and I assume you meant non-theists.
(12-16-2009, 05:22 AM)SkullTraill Wrote: I do. This is the new rule: All non-aethists must answer only one question logically if they are to post here; If there is no God, explain the creation of this universe, or if you believe in the multiverse theory, explain how the multiverse came into being.

I believe in God, but in my opinion, it isn't possible to explain the becoming of the universe. Science can only be applied to natural events, and God is a supernatural being. And if that's so, then the act of him creating the universe is also supernatural and cannot be explained. I'd like to see someone prove me wrong though in the future, and somehow successfully prove how the universe was created.

(12-16-2009, 11:43 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: Uh, no? OK, I wasn't going to get into a religious flame war, but you have no right to demand 'evidence' from us about ANYTHING, when it's Y'ALL that believe a magical (yes, magical is what his apparant abilities constitute as) being in the sky whom has never been seen created an entire universe in 7 days, and that the reason humans are damned to an evil Earth is because a naked woman was coaxed into eating an apple from evil tree by a talking snake. So, if anyone should present a sound argument, it's you.

Athiests who take the bible literally are almost as loony as thiests who take the bible literally. Pretty much everything in the bible is symbolic. I'd explain, but I'm actually too lazy, and I can't find a website that explains it for me. I should actually be studying for my Japanese quiz tomorrow... (sorry, that's off-topic. -.-)
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
Quote:Athiests who take the bible literally are almost as loony as thiests who take the bible literally. Pretty much everything in the bible is symbolic. I'd explain, but I'm actually too lazy, and I can't find a website that explains it for me. I should actually be studying for my Japanese quiz tomorrow... (sorry, that's off-topic. -.-)

According to whom is it symbolic?
And if it is, then how can you tell someone that we're taking it too literally, considering something that is 'symbolic' can be interpreted in various ways depending on the interpreter's perception?
Well i doubt some "supernatural being" created earth in like a day, and then made adam and eve. Then someone lived to be 800 years old. Wtf dude. The bible has been rewritten to. LOL ever heard of the king james bible? He wasn't alive then>? Bible = pure fiction.
(12-15-2009, 03:52 PM)Аноним Интерфейс Wrote: The thing about God is that we have to come to him by faith. Well, in order to do that you have to put aside any other desires that would hinder your faith. But in order, for most people, to reach this place of vulnerability, usually you experience a horrific or tragic event that often brings your heart to your knees. My experience in the matter was obtained because my life was crap.
I was take from my mother at the age of two. My father was off with another women creating a new family, they were never married to begin with. Well, from there the judge ordered my aunt to take custody of me, unfortunately she had a lot of mental issues that should had been considered during this court case. Anyhow, I lived with this bitch for 5 freakin years; I utterly hate the bitch. She beat me when I would act up and the uncle would do the same; they always got in fights and my aunt threatened to cut herself. I always stayed in my room or watched in horror as they fought. But, she sent me down to Florida to live with my aunt who was the relative of my mother. Well, the state was not very well pleased with the deliberately rash decision by my aunt and so they locked her ass up. From there I was taken into foster care where I was introduced to the ghetto. Well, I was too young to be shot or stabbed, so they sent their little brothers to beat my ass. One day I got fed up and took my foster brother's 6" switch blade and cut his throat. When the police arrived an hour or so later, I was gone and they never tried to find out who did it. So, I got the name "devil" because of my red hair and everybody started showing respect for me; and for some twisted reason I liked it.
Well, to be honest I probably have killed 5 people when I was in the streets. But then DSS pulled me out due to some minor "neglect" at the age of 11. By then I was sent to a white family; that's where things got really bad. I was violent and I my heart was hardened, and the sad thing is; they were pentecostal mother-fuckers. They were extremely religious people and I hated the gotdamn church and anything to do with God. But, there I was baptised after about a year and a half; it took a lot of patience and perseverance from the parents. Anyway, I left there about 6 months later and was sent to jail for 2 accounts of "assault and battery of security officials". I pulled 1 year in juvy and was released on March 16. I will never forget the look on those parents face when I left them; they had a look of pure fear. After that I went to a group home technically referred to as "High-management Institute", I spent two more years of my life refraining from my violent tendencies and my quick temper. But when I got out I was sent to another foster home and from there I was adopted at the age of 16.
I'll finish this up later.

Damn bro.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Well, you're assuming that Christians believe that God "created an entire universe in 7 days, and that the reason humans are damned to an evil Earth is because a naked woman was coaxed into eating an apple from evil tree by a talking snake." While some Christians ARE like that, I do believe many realize that none of that stuff actually happened. My definition of "too literally" in this case is taking it word-for-word. And yes, something symbolic can be interpreted differently by anyone. These aren't cold hard facts, and they can be interpreted differently and still hold a similar meaning or moral among many interpretations. I'm not too big on the Bible though, because I'm not a Christian. Rather, I'm a person who accepts many monotheistic religions and base my belief of God through my own personal reasoning. (as I said earlier, a deist) There are probably other Christian users on SupportForums who know what I mean about the Bible who could expand on the symbolism of bible stories.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God Damn It... Rebecca Black 4 798 07-21-2011, 04:01 AM
Last Post: Chef
  Depresion at its maximum ...god Core Crack 14 1,977 07-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Dr.BrokenGod
  do you believe in god? albo 47 4,502 11-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Last Post: CinNAMon
  Oh my god S1d3 D00r 3 917 09-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Last Post: matt_mybb_import3694