Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugged in my monitor while computer was booting up..
I have a feeling you have little knowledge about computers. Trust me, I know when my graphics card is inserted properly, and my computer only has 1 place for a graphics card lol
Never said you did not just checking, apparently you don't have enough knowledge with computers or you would not be posting here; please don't be a smart ass with me.
Update: Kind of weird may be a small part of the motherboard that can be fixed, which is a pain.
[Image: signature.php?uid=1]
Even if my monitor did require drivers, why would it matter?...
Thats why I edited my post right before you posted, just snapped that would not matter read the update.
Look at your motherboard in some bright light for anything that looks a little wack. Really that's all I can really say with out seeing it myself.
[Image: signature.php?uid=1]
Alright thanks for you suggestions
(12-14-2009, 04:33 PM)iRtehLeet Wrote: Hello everyone. Late last night I started up my computer, forgot that I hadn't plugged in my monitor and decided to plug it in while the computer was starting up. Yes I'm a retard. While plugging it in I did feel a bit of magnetic energy connecting the port to the cord. My monitor plug is blue and I had plugged it into my graphics card port.

Things I have tryed:
1. I have 3 graphics cards, tryed all 3 and no signal to monitor.
2. Unplugged the power cord from computer and pressed power button (releases power)
3. Tryed plugging monitor directly into mobo.
4. Tryed a different monitor.

I think I have fryed my mobo by doing this, any suggestions would be great. Blackhat

(if this is a new build) make sure your memory sticks are plugged in all the way and make sure they are working correctly. to do that take them out and plug them into another computer that takes the same memory and/or do it one at a time.
I'm no expert, but usually on desktops there is a ground on your mobo to your case, so if it shorts, it shorts to ground instead of frying it.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
This thread makes little sense:

Questions:

1. Did the monitor work 100% before you plugged it into the PC when it was starting up.
2. Does the monitor now work on another PC?
3. What are you PC specs
Gave it a week, tried it and works 100% now, I guess I just had to wait for it to.... cool down? Lol I have no idea.

~request for thread to be closed
Hmm, that is strange.

Glad it's now working though!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second Monitor is Detected but No signal PC to TV via HDMI villasbroker 2 1,058 05-24-2019, 03:22 AM
Last Post: AdilahBisar
  Dual monitor bigkieth 3 917 02-08-2013, 04:05 AM
Last Post: ShortsE
  Monitor, wireless card and USB devices won't wake up from sleep mode Ruzlier 7 2,816 08-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Mono
  Need to fix monitor Clutch 7 1,156 07-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Last Post: djakariuz
  Big Issue with my Graphics Card, or Monitor Razzo 6 1,452 01-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Razzo