Support Forums

Full Version: Plugged in my monitor while computer was booting up..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everyone. Late last night I started up my computer, forgot that I hadn't plugged in my monitor and decided to plug it in while the computer was starting up. Yes I'm a retard. While plugging it in I did feel a bit of magnetic energy connecting the port to the cord. My monitor plug is blue and I had plugged it into my graphics card port.

Things I have tryed:
1. I have 3 graphics cards, tryed all 3 and no signal to monitor.
2. Unplugged the power cord from computer and pressed power button (releases power)
3. Tryed plugging monitor directly into mobo.
4. Tryed a different monitor.

I think I have fryed my mobo by doing this, any suggestions would be great. Blackhat
Get a new cord. You probably burnt it out.
I will try my monitor on another computer (this shitty one) and come back with results. (If it work this isn't the issue)

Thanks for the fast reply man I appreciate it greatly.

edit ~ My monitor still powers on perfectly but doesn't get a signal. (Meaning it isn't the cord?) :S
No problem. And yes, I am talking about the monitor cord. If you still don't get feed from the monitor, then you should try to get a new cord, or switch it out for a different one. I think that is the issue.
Im on the monitor right now and its working fine, any other suggestions? Fried mobo?
It's a good possibility that is it if the cord isn't fired. It might be a fired mobo then.
fudge Im so retarded. Any other suggestions welcome even though this is probably it,.
I really don't know how it would fry the whole mother board. I am not sure but here is what I would check:
Look at the inside of the part where you plug in your monitor
If nothing seems wrong with that part then open up your computer and check to see your gfx card is nice a snug in there
After that check to see if you notice any black on the GFX card. I believe you said you have a gfx card
Then try a different gfx card if all else fails
The last resort would be your mother board failed I highly doubt it did
Hey WMM, thanks for the suggestions but if you read my whole post you would have known that I already tried 3 working graphics cards, I'm really weirded out that just 1 small mistake can really do this much damage..
Oh sorry I missed that, well check the part where you insert your gfx card into your motherboard. If you have other slots try the other slots.
Pages: 1 2 3