Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web Host w/ Lots of Bandwidth
(12-13-2009, 02:51 AM)Grizzly Wrote: He does not need free hosting. Please, read the entire thread.

I posted in the wrong one thats why Unsure

Completely wrong forum tbh Tongue
Now that, is quite funny lmao.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
justhost.com

Just signed up with them and they seem to be pretty good so far!
I use mddhosting.com powered by litespeed, which renders PHP 50-90% faster than apache.
Quote:Ok well I'm about to launch a new website projected to grab 100k's views daily so I know my main issue will be bandwidth. Can anyone forward me to a good deal to a web host that can manage 100k views daily?

So this is a new project and you think you'll get 100k views a day. Judging by the simple fact you even have to ask about hosting for site says to me you have no experience.

Be realistic. Your project is unlikely to get 100k views a day. How did you come up with that? It would be a top 5k Alexa site if it did. That would require a farm probably.

To start off get a decent shared host like Hostgator or Dreamhost. If you grow out of the service you can always upgrade. Don't spend $250 a month when you can spend $10. And skip free hosts. They are for kids without a clue.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
If you're just starting out, just stick with shared hosting, you're making the assumption that your website will be an instant success and that it will succeed, here's a fact for you...like 1% of sites actually last for more than a few months.
Oh wait Omni beat me to it, dammit.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
yea I know I'm going to start off small with shared hosting but later on I do see my project becoming huge so I wanted to be prepared when that happens.

Thanks everyone for their input
Yeah, better to get the research done now, and keep up to date with the company you want to get the server from, than trying to scramble around at the last minute to get your site back up because you overloaded a server, thus, loosing valuable traffic.
exactly...learned my lesson lol in the other thread so I just want to take the necessary precautions before it blows up in front of my face and starting to love this community...helping and giving as much knowledge they can share

thanks everyone
No problem. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need a good E-commerce Web Host Adnorips 4 1,497 07-03-2023, 01:05 AM
Last Post: Tilsun
  Web host with good pricing, server stability? Mirandas 4 363 05-30-2022, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Adnorips
  Need a good E-commerce Web Host Kdstack 5 433 05-06-2022, 01:05 AM
Last Post: Mirandas
  I am going to host a high-traffic web site in Europe Mirandas 4 362 10-11-2021, 01:58 AM
  Honest web host with SSL Certificate? Kdstack 6 442 03-26-2021, 02:17 AM