Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Useful Programs. [Download]
(10-05-2009, 08:10 PM)MreGSX Wrote:
Launchy
and
My Lockbox

1. Launchy:

Basically, an unusually handy program that leaves icons and desktop shortcuts virtually obsolete. Press the shortcut-keys of your choice (alt+space by default) and a small window with a text field appears. Begin typing the name of the program you wish to execute, press enter, and voila! Said program is now running.

2. My Lockbox:

A very useful program with a very simple concept. You give My Lockbox a password, only this password can open it. My Lockbox then creates a "My Lockbox" folder that, along with the folders contents, is invisible unless you are logged into My Lockbox. All files within this folder are now password protected.

Sorry about the odd section placement. Omni said stuff like this could be posted here.

By the time Launchy load's I would've found it 5x, speed it up kid, and no I have 16gb RAM so my comp is not crap.
Cool stuff, thanks.
from my limited experience with launchy, i say its more trouble than its worth, i usually can just click an icon on the desktop faster than i type in the name, also i have some programs whose names start with the same words or letters so that means more typing or going thru the list. also i've gotten used to the old fashioned way of opening apps. as for lockbox, i got it! im keeping it Big Grin
I've never had that problem with launchy. Plus, I type fast, and I'm sure most of us do, so it's nto a big deal to me. But, to eat his own.
(10-08-2009, 10:39 AM)Elektrisk Wrote: I've never had that problem with launchy. Plus, I type fast, and I'm sure most of us do, so it's nto a big deal to me. But, to eat his own.

the problem with speed-typing, minimal spell checkingRoflmao
very nice,
I'm downloading the lockbox!
Thank you for the feedback.

/bump
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

Very good. I find that My Lockbox is very useful. excellent job pal. i was waiting for something like this.
[Image: 9lcsqd.jpg]
great programs please keep in good work
[Image: juan9087.jpg]
Downloading lockbox Big Grin

Only a matter of time before there is some type of bruteforcer for lockbox xD
lazydude2000 Wrote:I hate Minnesota...

Omniscient Wrote:btw...I grew up in Minnesota.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (Free) Anti-Malware programs Bugsy 21 8,400 11-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Last Post: New Jersey
  AntiVirus Security Programs Uninstall Utilities/Tools Bugsy 2 1,430 04-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Last Post: prince of persia
  Mega Thread :Anitviruses,Firewalls,and other security programs Eagle 5 1,285 05-07-2010, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Eagle