Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reduce your chances of getting a virus or being hacked.
(10-04-2009, 11:20 AM)Zenko Wrote:
(10-04-2009, 11:09 AM)mon3yexploit Wrote:
(10-04-2009, 10:54 AM)Zenko Wrote: This was leeched from Hackforums?

i wouldn't say leeched from their, its been posted on many forums.
i just found it and decided to post it here, notice at the bottom i take no credit for it.

Ah i see. If you need any assistance pm me Pirate

k thx. you may help me update it if you would like, just PM the however much you edit, and ill put in what i edit with yours and we can keep this up to date.
Also reading strings is a good idea if you feel suspicious .... A simple free program like "Bintext" is excellent for such stuff...
[Image: IKILLUNEW.jpg]
Sandboxie is a great program along with VMware. I always run every program in Sandboxie before running it freely. Never been infected before ;)
(10-05-2009, 02:41 PM)St0rmW1nd Wrote: Sandboxie is a great program along with VMware. I always run every program in Sandboxie before running it freely. Never been infected before ;)

always helpful and same here. Can never be to careful.
I also want to add Anubis!
(10-03-2009, 10:53 PM)mon3yexploit Wrote: Some of our members also use Secunia to keep their systems up to date, I think Omniscient (Our forum administrator) occasionally posts updates on vulnerable programs.
You can 'Download' a personal copy of Secunia or use the Online scanner

I would say that using Secunia PSI (Personal Software Inspector) is today a must... Nowadays it's almost impossible to keep all your software up-to-date, especially when many applications relies heavily on third party components... One example, Sony Media Go - I installed this, and during the installation I was forced to install Apple Quicktime (I use QT Lite) - guess what, version shipped with that Sony's software was outdated and with some security holes! Thanks to Secunia PSI I knew it almost instantly and I quickly uninstalled it.
I think though, that you should take all of the typo's out of it, because there are quite a lot. 13 as far as I could see, briefly scanning through it.

Like you say, it's about 'quality and not quantitiy.'
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
Also very useful. But you could organize it a little bit, it seems you just copy-pasted some crap on the internet, if you know what I mean. Bold some stuff, use underlines and bigger titles. You know.. make it look like it's not something LONG, which was my first impression while browsing the thread.

Thanks for sharing though, will read it later :bookmarkd:
(10-08-2009, 03:26 AM)AntiVirMan Wrote: I think though, that you should take all of the typo's out of it, because there are quite a lot. 13 as far as I could see, briefly scanning through it.

Like you say, it's about 'quality and not quantitiy.'

well, as you were scanning through it. Did you notice at the bottom where it stated, that i take no credit for this? nor have i had time to edit it. But when time comes around i will make this a lot better.

(10-08-2009, 03:46 AM)faviouz Wrote: Also very useful. But you could organize it a little bit, it seems you just copy-pasted some crap on the internet, if you know what I mean. Bold some stuff, use underlines and bigger titles. You know.. make it look like it's not something LONG, which was my first impression while browsing the thread.

Thanks for sharing though, will read it later :bookmarkd:

thanks for the advise, this will be edited soon.
Thanks for this!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  link getting redirected ? virus ? prince76 25 10,775 07-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Last Post: ven0m
  Hacked email EagerToLearn 6 1,421 03-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Existence
  What Anti-Virus do you guys use? 0 554 12-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Last Post: ๖ۣۜHacker™
  What anti-virus do you use? Mystic Guru 121 42,194 11-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Last Post: New Jersey
  What do you think the best anti-virus is? +GFx 55 18,854 07-21-2011, 06:58 PM