Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade for SF?
Not just yet. Wait for the site to be able to hold its own a little.
I think the forum needs some working on before Omni can actually start selling upgrades.
But I do see this happening in the future (if the site get active again that is).
(10-20-2014, 08:50 AM)Mikavw Wrote: I think the forum needs some working on before Omni can actually start selling upgrades.
But I do see this happening in the future (if the site get active again that is).
This. I don't personally know what Omni plans for this site, but I would just wait until he has a clear idea of where he wants to go with Support Forums. I'm sure he has many ideas.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
(10-20-2014, 08:50 AM)Mikavw Wrote: I think the forum needs some working on before Omni can actually start selling upgrades.

Without a doubt.

No one would buy an upgrade for a forum that has around 10 active members.
(10-20-2014, 03:12 PM)Reptar Wrote:

Without a doubt.

Lets be fair, the forums are going to pick up on activity, I'm positive of it.
I'd upgrade, heck I'd upgrade on Omni's Sport forum if I used it and it wasn't active.
(10-22-2014, 05:19 PM)Nasyr Wrote:
(10-20-2014, 03:12 PM)Reptar Wrote:

Without a doubt.

Lets be fair, the forums are going to pick up on activity, I'm positive of it.
I'd upgrade, heck I'd upgrade on Omni's Sport forum if I used it and it wasn't active.

Think of it this way.

Would you subscribe to a magizine if they never have you new editions? 
There isn't enough activity here, right now, to offer an upgrade option.
You would be upgrading to... what? Reply to threads that are dead?
Omniscient basically uses this as a test site now, where he is testing new features and upgrades.
Better to test that stuff here instead of Hackforums.
Honestly, I don't know what kind of benefits you would get from an upgrade, on a forum that is dedicated to help others without personal gain.
(10-23-2014, 12:48 PM)Aura Wrote: Honestly, I don't know what kind of benefits you would get from an upgrade, on a forum that is dedicated to help others without personal gain.

There's a marketplace, That's how.
(10-23-2014, 09:52 PM)Autopost Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 12:48 PM)Aura Wrote: Honestly, I don't know what kind of benefits you would get from an upgrade, on a forum that is dedicated to help others without personal gain.

There's a marketplace, That's how.

Even there, the goal of SF isn't to make money, but to assist others and receive assistance. The "Marketplace" of SF is like, 1/100 of what the Marketplace of HF is. No "real" big profit to be made here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to upgrade? The Elite 9 1,155 06-27-2010, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Merky
  [Question] Account Upgrade? Mia 2 728 10-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Elektrisk