Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[help]- Internet cable is down
Sounds like he had to melt the solder to re-connect the device to the board.
A common technique with xbox 360's! When they get the RROD they wrap it in a towel and then let it over heat! This melts the solder and helps it run again. But theres a lot of problems associated with this.
(01-29-2010, 09:15 PM)Extasey Wrote: Sounds like he had to melt the solder to re-connect the device to the board.
A common technique with xbox 360's! When they get the RROD they wrap it in a towel and then let it over heat! This melts the solder and helps it run again. But theres a lot of problems associated with this.

mmmmm i think the hair dryer wont be able to melt the soldering on the board because it's not hot enough to bring it to melting temperature. Idont know actually, but i once used it to melt another board but didn't melt the solder.

Thats true, this method has been used for Xbox 360 and it's called something like "reflow the board" but they used a special tool with temperature 400c ~ 700c.

Well, at the end, you could be right and it somehow had an effect to the soldering on the board. I will be waiting for another lightening strike to confirm that the hair dryer had an effect to fix this operation hehe.

Regards
It's an interesting theory, for sure. I was just talking about not understanding his English ^_^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does your phone attentuation (or something) affect Cable Internet speed? EMINƎM 2 1,051 03-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Scalise
  USB CABLE MODEM!! 4u111 5 1,015 12-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Codine