Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[help]- Internet cable is down
Finally, i solved it. It's my onboard NIC it's faulty. I have an old HUB, so i used it to connect it to my router and the green lights turned on on my router, so i now blame my NIC for this problem.

However, in device manager, it says my NIC is working properly, so as i said windows cant detect this sort of problems.

Thanks to you guys for your helps, appreciate it so much.

See ya on other threads Smile
Understand you solved this but i have had the same problem in the past. Seemingly destroyed my cat5 connection.
Yet after a bios reset it was fine. Perhaps this is worth a try?
Take out battery on board. Take out power. Leave for a while. Hr or so then start it.
Its worked for me after lightning storms. And its free to try so worth a go.
Screw wireless if its a desktop. Hard wired all the way. Smile
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

sounds great to me and maybe it will solve it, i havnt gone through this step before, so im going to take the battery out and turn the compter off for couple of hours then hopefully i see some good results.

Thanx DAMINK
Unfortunately it didn't work. I did as you said and left the computer off for 8 hours, still the same result.

Thanks for your support anyway.
Another thing to try is toning down your NIC's connection speed.

Control Panel [Classic View] -->
Network Connections -->
LAN (or whatever the LAN connection is called) -->
Configure [near the top] -->
Speed/Duplex [or something close to that] -->
It is probably set to Auto. Change to 100MB Full.

If the option is there for 1000MB Full, do that instead. If neither works, try as low as 10MB Full. If none of this works, yes, your NIC may just be going bad. It happens more often than people think.
Thanks for your suggestion. I tried all all possible options from 10mb half to 100mb full and non has worked, and i get an error message " no connection detected".

Thanks again.
Your NIC is probably bad. I'm sure you figured that out by now, though. =P
BullShit, This is so poor situation, i have bought a new motherboard and today my New NIC got electric shock again by lightening storm. omg not again!!! I couldn't fix the old NIC on the other motherboard, so im now really need to know how to fix this on my new mb. What to say?!!! You know.
Hi again, Finally solved. I used hair dryer to flow it on RJ45 port and the area around it on the motherboard. I did so for one minute, however the battery was removed when i flew it. So, when turned the computer on, every thing was normal and internet is working great now.

This thread took some time actually, but was difficult and weird at the same time. All left to say is thanks to all who tried to help me and appreciate your kind support.

Regards.
I don't really understand you. But I am glad your network card is alive again.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does your phone attentuation (or something) affect Cable Internet speed? EMINƎM 2 1,051 03-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Scalise
  USB CABLE MODEM!! 4u111 5 1,017 12-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Codine