Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too much spam lately.
Why doesn't Omni assign a staff to take care of such things ? I don't know why he decided to take care of all things on his own .
[Image: Z95Xp.png]
Because Omni is a power hungry ........ Joke joke.
Na i think because ultimately staff come and go and perhaps that is pissing him off a bit.
Hell he could just ask me..... or Ace. We seem to be reporting most spam so would seem logical to get one of the reporters to help.
I have in the past offered however i was once a staff member for omni on another board a LONG time ago.
I suspect because that ended badly i have lost the chance to ever assist him in that regard.
However i agree totally Prince. We need some staff here. Not that the spam is actually that bad rather to just help in the day to day running of SF and to take some of the burden off Omni.
But beyond that is just feels a bit lost without staff here.
Even if they do nothing its important to have staff active on any forum IMHO.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Quote:Na i think because ultimately staff come and go and perhaps that is pissing him off a bit.

I just don't see the point in assigning someone who will likely quit or stop being active in a few months. There are like 2-3 reports per day maximum. It's very low. We just don't really have a spam problem. Report it and I'll take care of it soon enough. It doesn't hurt you being there.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(04-25-2012, 10:55 PM)Omniscient Wrote: There are like 2-3 reports per day maximum. It's very low. We just don't really have a spam problem. Report it and I'll take care of it soon enough. It doesn't hurt you being there.

Some days i report more than that mate and im sure so do others but anyway.......
To say it does not hurt... Its a point of view. Me personally when i see spam i leave that thread even if i was to post in it otherwise.
Im sure others do also.
The Rules!

Omni, Damink is active on SF from 2009 if I'm not wrong, he's a good guy and after reading some of your post on MyBB community to save Damink to be banned shows how much you can trust him. I don't think he'll quit after being active for months as others did. Just my opinion.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
Omni has always looked out for me Kewlz.
Im luckier than most that way.
At times when i did not deserve it.
The Rules!

(04-20-2012, 04:24 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: I was under the impression CF did act as a measure against spam bots like you said with ip lists etc. Thats why you get hit with a CF page when trying to post. It assumes your a bot and wants confirmation. This is when registered even so its a spam measure yes.
Either way Omni dont seem to worried about a bit of spam. Would drive me insane just quietly.

We will help cut spam down a great deal (we won't catch it all). It largely depends on if the IP has shown as recently problematic in our data sources. If a site owner was hit by an ip we don't have, then they can always block it in their threat control panel. Another option, if the spam consistently comes from specific countries, then site owners can put a country block in & this will challenge all visitors from those countries with a challenge page (human visitors could still pass...but bots generally can't get around a captcha).
Then how is Hackforums not spammed? maybe we could use that?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PM spam from "UniversalForumz" timestandstill 5 1,680 05-15-2010, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Cida
  [SPAM] Buisness proposal for supportforums.net Extasey 5 1,187 02-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Extasey