Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too much spam lately.
I observed spammers have increased a lot this week on Sf and Central. Every time I visit anyone of them, it has a spam post.
Central is flooded with spam posts.
Even unregistered members post on Sf spamming their links, I think you should disable un registered posting.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
(04-20-2012, 03:09 PM)Kewlz Wrote: I observed spammers have increased a lot this week on Sf and Central. Every time I visit anyone of them, it has a spam post.
Central is flooded with spam posts.
Even unregistered members post on Sf spamming their links, I think you should disable un registered posting.

Was always dangerous and more so without staff.
We can only do so much. Its quite annoying i agree Kewlz. When a spam post hits a thread it almost kills it until the post is deleted.
You would think the cloudflare or the spam mods would catch such obvious spam?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Cloudfare has nothing to do with spam bots mate, I know they have some ip ban list but still.
You should check out Central, it is badly spammed.
I saw Omni online on MyBB community, but he didn't visit Sf.

See the condition of central

Today's top poster: dWnPxZiG ( 149 posts)
guy is a spam bot, he's just one. There are more bots there.
I was under the impression CF did act as a measure against spam bots like you said with ip lists etc. Thats why you get hit with a CF page when trying to post. It assumes your a bot and wants confirmation. This is when registered even so its a spam measure yes.
Either way Omni dont seem to worried about a bit of spam. Would drive me insane just quietly.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Spamming is just part of the every day struggle of forums. There'll be times where it's somewhat peaceful, and times like what you've aforementioned.
Captcha can be bypassed easily, what do you think if they can register with captcha why can't they post even if CF is blocking them?
I'm sure they're not total bots, it's semi automatic as the person enters captcha and the bot does the rest.
Its happening with all the forums, its that time of the season again.
[Image: siggy.png]
www.4Y4T3M-L4BS.tk
It's getting really annoying.

I haven't been on this forum for a while, but nothing says "welcome" to the forum than a tonne of Spam. I just guess Omni is busy with HF's 5 year anniversary.
Yep i agree with it.
I had two of my thread under the spam flood.
It's really annoying. Sad
[Image: 3dtextven0mhf.png]
I couldn't believe this *sigh* I thought there will be no more spamming and SF will become a better place to be once Omni removed the Support Feather Award .
[Image: Z95Xp.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PM spam from "UniversalForumz" timestandstill 5 1,682 05-15-2010, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Cida
  [SPAM] Buisness proposal for supportforums.net Extasey 5 1,192 02-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Extasey