Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardcore Problem: Computer Won't Boot.. (Please Read)
Well sadley it could just be that the laptop is getting very old, and it just time to get an upgrade, it sucks i know. but you have to make the decision if you want to either spend your money on trying to fix something old. or spend your cash on something nice and new.

but in the end its all up to you.
(05-04-2012, 05:58 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: Yes, boot up a livecd boot of Linux Mint or Ubuntu (my recomendation for minute distro's). Nice and compact for carry around's, but you should be able to view the data in a RAW format on your formatted volume's if they are seen and can be read from. From here you can move, rename, delete, modify however you want.

So Infinity, where can I acquire a copy of Linux Mint or Ubuntu to boot into my laptop? I had actually tried to use a Windows Repair Disc in boot process by hitting F12, F11, F10, F9, F8, F7 nothing worked previously; I have had great success with the disc previously to repair multiple other problems with a the Windows Repair Disc. I had made the repair disc with the Windows OS by burning it and it had not booted so I am not sure these OS discs (Linux Mint or Ubuntu) might work even if I do obtain the, will they? Is it the same? I just place the disk in the disk drive and try to boot it through the F shortcut keys (i.e. F10, F11 etc.)?

Respond fast please! My dads giving me a hardtime, he wants me to fix the laptop "soon...". So what I understand is that you are saying I can view all my files on my laptop if I boot the OS disc (Linux Mint or Ubuntu) into my laptop successfully, but they will be all generic .RAW file type extension? Also I see that I do not need to use my other computer, just hook up the external HD and drag and drop?... Its probably possible to get those OSs (Linux Mint or Ubuntu) through a torrent on my good tower computer.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
So when you booted into the Windows Repair disc nothing showed up on the screen? If that is so then obtaining a Linux distro disc would be useless. I think it is the power supply, which would explain why the screen isn't working along with other things.
If RDCA is right and BootMgr doesn't even fire up, then it's probably a deeper issue, and in which case he would be right, but if you tried Google, i'm pretty sure you'd be able to find Mint, or at least Ubuntu pretty easily.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Disc tray won't open EagerToLearn 3 816 09-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Last Post: EagerToLearn
  It won't boot Annuit Coeptis 4 829 07-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Last Post: G3Hawkeye
  SYSTEM BOOT PROBLEM jvvsam01 6 891 06-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Last Post: ImStalkinYaMom
  Can't boot Computer with external hard drive connected EagerToLearn 6 1,818 05-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: EagerToLearn
  Trouble Partitioning HDD Linux dual-boot iDiDiT 4 1,110 01-30-2012, 05:37 AM
Last Post: Zoidberg