Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think? Unique blog idea!
(02-21-2012, 12:37 AM)King Wrote: I wasn't sure which way to have it. Latest posts at top or bottom. Because if you start from the top, you can kind of read it as one big long post.

regular visitors will straight away want to see the latest post, and they're the people you need to satisfy.
(02-21-2012, 01:26 AM)Fragma Wrote: regular visitors will straight away want to see the latest post, and they're the people you need to satisfy.

I'll be working with page jumps in the near future, so I think that might be the best way to go about it.
(02-20-2012, 01:54 PM)King Wrote: It's not a joke. That's the idea. :p

Your taking offence should drive you to succeed? Thumbsup Lol.

I think Fragma pretty much summed it up in the post after mine, if it's just a solid page of text people aren't going to be drawn to read it.

If theres no theme, people might think you've copy & pasted the content from somebody else and just thrown it onto your website with little/effort care. Just because a website has a theme doesn't mean its not all about the content. The theme is there to make the site welcoming and give it an overall professional feel.

And people taking offence is going to drive them to leave the page, not continue reading.
(02-21-2012, 02:41 AM)Load Wrote: I think Fragma pretty much summed it up in the post after mine, if it's just a solid page of text people aren't going to be drawn to read it.

If theres no theme, people might think you've copy & pasted the content from somebody else and just thrown it onto your website with little/effort care. Just because a website has a theme doesn't mean its not all about the content. The theme is there to make the site welcoming and give it an overall professional feel.

And people taking offence is going to drive them to leave the page, not continue reading.

I never said people taking offence would drive them to continue reading. I don't care if I lose 1 in every 1000 readers who take offence. I'd rather make a personal connection to those who don't care in a charismatic way.

The idea is to get these posts indexed on Google. People go Google to find answers. They see my post on Google, so they visit. Immediately they're presented with a quality article answering their exact question. It's not about drawing people into the site. It's not about people reading the site for hours on end.

The ideas is more of a information resource where people that need the information can come, get it quickly, and leave. The language and personality I intend to use in my posts will, hopefully, make them inclined to look past the lack of design to the cosy reading atmosphere I've created.
(02-21-2012, 03:00 AM)King Wrote: I never said people taking offence would drive them to continue reading. I don't care if I lose 1 in every 1000 readers who take offence. I'd rather make a personal connection to those who don't care in a charismatic way.

The idea is to get these posts indexed on Google. People go Google to find answers. They see my post on Google, so they visit. Immediately they're presented with a quality article answering their exact question. It's not about drawing people into the site. It's not about people reading the site for hours on end.

The ideas is more of a information resource where people that need the information can come, get it quickly, and leave. The language and personality I intend to use in my posts will, hopefully, make them inclined to look past the lack of design to the cosy reading atmosphere I've created.

I do see what you mean, kinda.

Are you looking to monetize this in anyway? Or just have it as an open resource for anyone?

If you're planning on providing this as a free resource, you could maybe turn it into an e-book/e-guide, and create an attractive looking splash page welcoming anyone to download it for free.

Just an idea, goodluck with it anyway.
I do agree with Fragma and Load. You will not get far with the "simple" design. In theory it sounds nice but I know for a fact you won't lose 1/1000 visitors. You'll lose 999/1000 visitors.
(02-21-2012, 08:55 AM)Peter L Wrote: I do agree with Fragma and Load. You will not get far with the "simple" design. In theory it sounds nice but I know for a fact you won't lose 1/1000 visitors. You'll lose 999/1000 visitors.

I beg to differ. But we'll see. I'll be monetizing this in 6 months.
(02-19-2012, 03:23 AM)King Wrote: I provide quality information without the crap on the side.

That to me just made it. I think that concept has the potential to get you far, but the theme is really important. Yes, I know it shouldn't be, but a lot of people would want to sit there and read that much text. It should be somewhat visually appealing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The OpenIdea Project - Open Source Idea Collaboration Software ccalby 1 534 06-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Last Post: ccalby
  WhiteHat Forums - Unique development - Security & Relaxed community - Swag - Asus 14 3,324 08-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Asus
  B.O.C My Blog Airsoftgunsruz 2 1,055 12-20-2010, 01:05 AM
Last Post: Airsoftgunsruz