Support Forums

Full Version: What do you think? Unique blog idea!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to hear what you think about the idea. The concept. Not the design. Yes, I'm looking to monetize it in the future.

http://asuccessfulblog.com/
You'll have a hard time beating sites like these:
http://www.howtomakemyblog.com/

What credentials do you have under your belt? Most people won't read your blogs unless they know you're awesome with blogs. Tongue
(02-19-2012, 03:15 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have a hard time beating sites like these:
http://www.howtomakemyblog.com/

What credentials do you have under your belt? Most people won't read your blogs unless they know you're awesome with blogs. Tongue

Credentials aren't important. The idea is that when they see that the blog they're viewing is successful (high page rank, highly talked about, etc) they will know they're in the right hands. Beating sites like the above will be a piece of piss. It's a horribly designed clusterfuck of posts. People want information. I provide quality information without the crap on the side.

I know right now there isn't much content there. I know the blog isn't currently successful and I'm talking in a perspective as though the blog is already successful, but that's just the approach I'm taking with it.

I've written over 4000 words today, so I'm a little tired. What do you think of the idea?
The idea itself is quite good. I'm not sure about the lackadaisical design, but the content part of the blog seems to be off to a good start. Smile
(02-19-2012, 03:45 AM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]The idea itself is quite good. I'm not sure about the lackadaisical design, but the content part of the blog seems to be off to a good start. Smile

Thanks. So long as you can read the content, I want to keep the design as minimal as possible. It's over the top to prove my point about design being unimportant.
I'm on SF on my iPhone, when I click your link it's just a blank page with writing on. Is that a joke or is it just not rendering the page properly for me :S

Regardless;
I had a quick read of the two latest articals and the content is actualy pretty good. Though I would say that some parts of it are quite insulting and might put a lot of readers off e.g;

Quote: Go back to your mediocre life and continue going nowhere.

But anyway, best of luck with the site.
(02-19-2012, 05:22 AM)Load Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on SF on my iPhone, when I click your link it's just a blank page with writing on. Is that a joke or is it just not rendering the page properly for me :S

Regardless;
I had a quick read of the two latest articals and the content is actualy pretty good. Though I would say that some parts of it are quite insulting and might put a lot of readers off e.g;

But anyway, best of luck with the site.

It's not a joke. That's the idea. :p

Your taking offence should drive you to succeed? Thumbsup Lol.
I don't like the design you've went for. I like how you're trying to keep 100% of the focus on the content, but when people visit your site, and see tons and tons of text, people aren't going to want to read it all. Having a theme draws the viewer in, and makes them feel comfortable on the site. Without that, you're not going to attract as many people.

You can still have all your focus on the content, whilst also having a nice template & theme to go with it. Also the fact that the most recent posts are all the way at the bottom is quite annoying.
Hey man if you keep up the quality content I can see it working.
(02-20-2012, 02:04 PM)Fragma Wrote: [ -> ]I don't like the design you've went for. I like how you're trying to keep 100% of the focus on the content, but when people visit your site, and see tons and tons of text, people aren't going to want to read it all. Having a theme draws the viewer in, and makes them feel comfortable on the site. Without that, you're not going to attract as many people.

You can still have all your focus on the content, whilst also having a nice template & theme to go with it. Also the fact that the most recent posts are all the way at the bottom is quite annoying.

I wasn't sure which way to have it. Latest posts at top or bottom. Because if you start from the top, you can kind of read it as one big long post.

Quote:Hey man if you keep up the quality content I can see it working.

Thanks dude. I appreciate your support.
Pages: 1 2