Poll: Will you buy Windows 8?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I can't wait to get it and I plan on buying it straight away.
5.00%
1 5.00%
I'll leave it for a while, see what people think, then maybe upgrade.
40.00%
8 40.00%
I don't plan on buying it.
55.00%
11 55.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 8 (Y/N)
Tell me, what reasons do you have for upgrading? Windows 7 fulfills all the needs most people will have, Windows 8 doesn't change much except a new GUI and small features here and there that don't really change your daily use of it.
Quaero gloria stellarum.
I will not download or purchase W8 due to the fact that it sucks, the layout sucks, and they are basing it on some "app" crap!

XP = good
Vista = Bad
W7 = Good
W8= Bad
W (whatever) = Good.
I don't like the Metro UI as it seems far too simple. Personally, I think it would have been better left as it was and just add a couple new features like Win7.
It's meant for people who don't really understand computers, I don't plan on upgrading any time soon.
If I would I would just dual boot it.
I think i will wait a while before upgrading.
Seeing that it breaks the Windows concept. I won't buy.
I plan on buying Windows 8 personally. I think it's just a generation for tablets personally, it doesn't look like an environment I would enjoy.
I've skipped Windows ME, Vista, and 2000. My guess is that I will be not using Win 8 either.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I'm using the consumer preview on my secondary laptop.
I like it a lot, it's very easy to use, which is great because my kids like to use the computer. It also keeps all your stuff really organized.
I don't think I'd ever use it on my main PC though. It's too watered down, almost like a Mac.
I am gonna get it for my father.
I will get him a touchscreen, and then W8.W8 is mainly designed for inexpirienced people, so it will help him out alot