Support Forums

Full Version: Windows 8 (Y/N)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm interested to see how many of you are looking forward to the release of Windows 8.

Have you tried the developer preview release, and what are your thoughts?

Do you plan on buying it?
I don't like the metro UI of it. To me its just to cluttered and disorganized. I will probably upgrade eventually however.
I'm looking forward to it, but mainly just for curiosity. And If I plan to upgrade to it, I may not even have to buy it, but we'll see.

I would agree with iRun though, the Metro UI is hard to get used to, but in the developer preview all it takes is one registry edit to disable it. However, once you've done that, you lose the fancy TaskManager as well.

I've been testing the developer's preview out though since the exact day that it came out on Microsoft's website.
I plan on getting int it because I am a part of BizSpark & like M$.
With that, IDK when too much either.
Tried it a few months back.
Hated it totally. Went back to 7 and glad i did.
Was only a development version but still i hated it.
I'd love to try it, but won't have the money to pay for it.
It doesn't really look like something I would get or WANT to get, at that. What's up with the tile-like buttons?
(02-12-2012, 05:58 PM)RubiksHQ Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't really look like something I would get or WANT to get, at that. What's up with the tile-like buttons?

That's the Metro UI, and apparently they are going to try Windows 8 without a start menu. They are getting rid of it entirely, and you'll be able to access a menu by moving your mouse to the bottom left instead.

If people hate it though, then they agreed that they will bring it back, however, that's the reason for soon releasing a Consumers Preview within the next month I believe. They are reluctant to call it "Beta" because they are still in the ideas and feedback stages.
I tried it but it not far as good and powerful like Windows 7.....its all depends after the feedback of developer preview what they do any changes in it before launch.......

ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup
Looks like the Xbox interface (childish).

It's nice to see they're trying a different way of using your computer, however I think the direction they're going in is the wrong one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4