Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to remove diz ? please help
Use CCleaner to do a clean uninstall. You can remove bearshare from there.
It's detected from it's base uninstaller though as CCleaner can't just interpret how to uninstall a program. That would be risky if it did everything in the registry by guess, so it finds the uninstaller I believe. Although it should be in the folder he told me did exist. I'm trying to advise him not to get into the habit of deleting things to remove stuff from his computer though as that's not good at all. Once BearShare is gone, there should be no trouble in changing his homepage, assuming he knows how to do that.
(01-18-2012, 05:31 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Tell me the steps you've tried to change the homepage, it can't re-change your homepage without asking for permission anyways. Uninstall BearShare as well from the control panel. And no need to call me sir Smile

I'm just a member trying to help.

Quote:in the program files folder it is loacted as a folder "bearshare" but sir when iam removing it , it says "cannot be remove as it is open in the browser "
Omg

Don't delete the folder... If you do that to remove things from your computer you'll clutter your system real fast. Get into the habit of finding the uninstall files. If there's not one from your control panel there may be an uninstall file inside that BearShare folder.

Make sure you ALWAYS, use the uninstaller. NEVER just delete a program. Things get left behind in the registry when you do that.

ok i will call you bro Big Grin i managed to remove it and change my homepage by entering into the safe mode , thnk 2 u Smile u simply rock , god bless u Smile you can close the thread now , iam having some more problems i wil search it and look for a solution here , thnk u sir oops bro Smile

(01-18-2012, 06:08 AM)prince76 Wrote: ok i will call you bro Big Grin i managed to remove it and change my homepage by entering into the safe mode , thnk 2 u Smile u simply rock , god bless u Smile you can close the thread now , iam having some more problems i wil search it and look for a solution here , thnk u sir oops bro Smile

lol, no problem. Just remember some of the things I told you so that you can get into good computer habits. They will prolong the life of your computer as well. I can't close threads, i'm not a mod, threads like this can stay open though, they just don't get replied to anymore once they've been solved.

You're homepage is now changed for all of your browsers as you wanted?
(01-18-2012, 06:10 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: lol, no problem. Just remember some of the things I told you so that you can get into good computer habits. They will prolong the life of your computer as well. I can't close threads, i'm not a mod, threads like this can stay open though, they just don't get replied to anymore once they've been solved.

You're homepage is now changed for all of your browsers as you wanted?

yeah bro it changed for all the browsers thnx 2 u Smile but bro actually i have deleted many folders in the past directly Sad how it can affect my system ? and can u tell me the best and easiest way to remove the folders wen der is no uninstall option or dey dont appear in the control panel programs ??
If you delete files directly, then you're not getting rid of all of the junk data like shortcuts, or a little worse, all the entries possibly created in the registry from when the program was installed. These registry entries basically help tell some programs how to run. When the base exe is gone, they basically become entries that are just useless clutter taking up space in the Windows Registry for no reason.

The uninstaller is designed to remove all the shortcuts that it made (from installation), and remove all of the dependencies that it may have installed somewhere else on your computer such as dll's, config files, etc... Along with any possible registry entries that it needed to make so that the program could run properly. It's why the uninstaller should ALWAYS be used to remove a program.

If there's no Uninstall option, or uninstall file, it could mean a couple things.

1) It's a portable executable where all of the files that it requires are all contained in that folder (meaning it's safe to just go ahead and remove that folder and all it's contents)

or

2) It's a poorly coded program that just doesn't give you an uninstaller, so you'll just have to live with those entries left behind in the registry (not as common however, but possible)

Note: Not ALL programs make registry entries
(01-18-2012, 06:22 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: If you delete files directly, then you're not getting rid of all of the junk data like shortcuts, or a little worse, all the entries possibly created in the registry from when the program was installed. These registry entries basically help tell some programs how to run. When the base exe is gone, they basically become entries that are just useless clutter taking up space in the Windows Registry for no reason.

The uninstaller is designed to remove all the shortcuts that it made (from installation), and remove all of the dependencies that it may have installed somewhere else on your computer such as dll's, config files, etc... Along with any possible registry entries that it needed to make so that the program could run properly. It's why the uninstaller should ALWAYS be used to remove a program.

If there's no Uninstall option, or uninstall file, it could mean a couple things.

1) It's a portable executable where all of the files that it requires are all contained in that folder (meaning it's safe to just go ahead and remove that folder and all it's contents)

or

2) It's a poorly coded program that just doesn't give you an uninstaller, so you'll just have to live with those entries left behind in the registry (not as common however, but possible)

Note: Not ALL programs make registry entries

thnx for d info bro Smile thnk u so much , wel i have troubled u alot sorry but u r realy amazing in helping noobs like me , i have some more problems but wil ask u later as i have already troubled u too much Big Grin thnx a lot bro
It's not any trouble at all. I enjoy helping members on forums, and I look to help members all the time.

If you're having another issue, make sure to post it in a new thread in the proper forum area related to your issue like you've done here Smile
(01-18-2012, 06:43 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: It's not any trouble at all. I enjoy helping members on forums, and I look to help members all the time.

wel if dats the case den u r d best and i need your help 2 Big Grin

bro wenever i chek my running processes there are some around 6-7 "svchost.exe" processes always running . is my system affected ? if yes den how can i remove dat plz tell me Sad
sorry i dint saw your full post nd replied to the half Big Grin , that is regarding making a new thread , from next time i'll make a new thread , Smile
That's normal, your system is not infected, I wouldn't bother with removing them, they are just host processes for Win32 services.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TUT]Remove Rat Servers/Trojans/Connections M_a_X 8 5,674 06-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Last Post: +Moon
  Do you have Conficker + How to remove it Kharnage 10 2,422 11-05-2009, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Extasey
  How can i remove the recycler virus? juan9087 14 2,084 10-20-2009, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Kutmustakurt