Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to remove diz ? please help
helo friends iam new here , iam in a big problem please help me out guys .

ok now it goes like diz , i downloaded norton antivirus, installed it , but i wanted kaspersky so i removed this "norton" , now der appears only a shorcut of it , and den under the control panel when iam removing it it says " you do not have sufficient access to uninstall norton internet security , contact your system administrator " , i cud not scan my pc as der is no AV on my system coz wenever iam trying to install any other AV like malware bytes, it automatically gets closed and installation fails , and iam really fudged up , please help me guys , please
It's because you need to install the Norton Removal Tool from Symantec to remove Norton, you can't uninstall it directly from your Control Panel, as it would leave things behind, and that's why I wouldn't even try to remove it that way.
sir i have already tried doing that with norton removal tool " , but it gets automatically closed , and still it is not removed
And did you try before you went to use the Control Panel method, or after you tried uninstalling through the Control Panel? Smile

- > Reboot your computer over into a Clean Boot state, or more recommended, Safe Mode from the boot menu, and use the Norton Uninstall Tool
(01-18-2012, 12:31 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: And did you try before you went to use the Control Panel method, or after you tried uninstalling through the Control Panel? Smile

- > Reboot your computer over into a Clean Boot state, or more recommended, Safe Mode from the boot menu, and use the Norton Uninstall Tool

sir i dont really remember dat what i did first , Sad what is know is its not working sir , Sad ok iam trying to run it on the safe mode and let you know Smile
That's also what I know, and that's why we're trying to fix it lol. Check back to this thread with any further problems. Smile
(01-18-2012, 12:51 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: That's also what I know, and that's why we're trying to fix it lol. Check back to this thread with any further problems. Smile

thank u so much sir , u really made my day Smile thnxx Smile it is removed now Yeye, sir please one more help Sad for this i searched also but dint got anything , sir actually der is a default home page called " search.bearshare.com " which has automatically been set as my home page for all the browsers , i tried reinstalling d browser but it dint worked Sad how can i remove dat , der was no uninstal option , so i deleted all the stuffs related to it , but still dat same appears on my home page Sad please help me , i prefferred asking here rather than creating a new thread Smile
There's an option to set the home page in your browser. And it came with you installing something that you didn't uncheck most probably. Why reinstall? Huh

Go to your browser options and change the homepage. Also, there should be a "BearShare" toolbar in your programs folder somewhere most likely, possibly under a weird name for a directory if you don't see it directly in your Program directory. Uninstall from Control Panel if you see an entry for it.
(01-18-2012, 01:52 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: There's an option to set the home page in your browser. And it came with you installing something that you didn't uncheck most probably. Why reinstall? Huh

Go to your browser options and change the homepage. Also, there should be a "BearShare" toolbar in your programs folder somewhere most likely, possibly under a weird name for a directory if you don't see it directly in your Program directory. Uninstall from Control Panel if you see an entry for it.

sir i did this before , i tried changing d homepage , but still it appears the same, that search.bearshare.com appears as my homepage for all the browsers , found nothin in the control panel and in the program files folder it is loacted as a folder "bearshare" but sir when iam removing it , it says "cannot be remove as it is open in the browser " and obviously i closed the browser before doin dat still its showing d same , please help Sad . .
(01-18-2012, 05:28 AM)prince76 Wrote: sir i did this before , i tried changing d homepage , but still it appears the same, that search.bearshare.com appears as my homepage for all the browsers , found nothin in the control panel and in the program files folder it is loacted as a folder "bearshare" but sir when iam removing it , it says "cannot be remove as it is open in the browser " and obviously i closed the browser before doin dat still its showing d same , please help Sad . .

Tell me the steps you've tried to change the homepage, it can't re-change your homepage without asking for permission anyways. Uninstall BearShare as well from the control panel. And no need to call me sir Smile

I'm just a member trying to help.

Quote:in the program files folder it is loacted as a folder "bearshare" but sir when iam removing it , it says "cannot be remove as it is open in the browser "

Omg

Don't delete the folder... If you do that to remove things from your computer you'll clutter your system real fast. Get into the habit of finding the uninstall files. If there's not one from your control panel there may be an uninstall file inside that BearShare folder.

Make sure you ALWAYS, use the uninstaller. NEVER just delete a program. Things get left behind in the registry when you do that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TUT]Remove Rat Servers/Trojans/Connections M_a_X 8 5,673 06-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Last Post: +Moon
  Do you have Conficker + How to remove it Kharnage 10 2,421 11-05-2009, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Extasey
  How can i remove the recycler virus? juan9087 14 2,084 10-20-2009, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Kutmustakurt