Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Publishing my program
(01-15-2012, 01:02 AM)RDCA Wrote: Actually it is because he is publishing it, instead of just sending him the right file:
C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\{ProjectName}\{ProjectName}\bin\Debug

OP just debug once (F5), then navigate to this and send him the .exe - executable file to your friend.
Example: My username for my computer is RDCA, and my project is called Contra

C:\Users\RDCA\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Contra\Contra\bin\Debug

Quote:C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\{ProjectName}\{ProjectName}\bin\Debug

Lipssealed !!

No no. I would suggest NEVER ever getting into that bad habit. Make absolute sure that your project is in Release configuration when you want to use the compiled executable. Always.

If you ever begin a language like C++ you'll never get away with that. It's very very bad to do.
(01-15-2012, 01:10 AM)AceInfinity Wrote:
Quote:C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\{ProjectName}\{ProjectName}\bin\Debug

Lipssealed !!

No no. I would suggest NEVER ever getting into that bad habit. Make absolute sure that your project is in Release configuration when you want to use the compiled executable. Always.

If you ever begin a language like C++ you'll never get away with that. It's very very bad to do.

Implying I don't know c++ to a point. It's not a bad habit if it fits a language, if you compare languages then or compiling then almost anything can be seen as a "bad habit". Like using whitespace in vb.net compared to braces in C#.

(01-15-2012, 01:52 AM)RDCA Wrote: Implying I don't know c++ to a point. It's not a bad habit if it fits a language, if you compare languages then or compiling then almost anything can be seen as a "bad habit". Like using whitespace in vb.net compared to braces in C#.

No, releasing with debug data is terrible for any compiling language. White space in VB.net regardless doesn't make any difference though because they are kind enough to re-format the spacing for you automatically along with a very user-functional intellisense. Braces in C# is required because it's part of the syntax, so i'm not sure what you meant by that, whereas in C++ it's optional in some cases.

Pseudo psychology won't work here because either way you put it, releasing in a debug config is very bad, and that compiled executable should only be used by the debugger after the compiler does it's thing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Publishing question. HatredTrinity 6 1,552 10-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Red X