Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Publishing my program
When i published and got someone to download my program witch was a ToolKit for an RSPS when they tryed to install it it said there were missing files? im confused can someone please help me?
Mind explaining it a little more? Big Grin
What was the error, and what kind of dependencies did you have with your program? If you use an external dll for functions in your program for example, then that needs to be sent with your program.

Meaning... There's probably a dll i'm guessing in your debug or release folder where the application was stored that needs to be sent alongside the program to function properly. Smile
(01-14-2012, 03:53 AM)Techie. Wrote: Mind explaining it a little more? Big Grin

ok i created a toolkit for an rsps
i published it
i uploaded it to mediafire
my friend downloaded it
he clicked "setup" and it said he needed more files.
Read my post camf

Are you sending him the application file or the executable?
(01-14-2012, 10:07 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Read my post camf

im pretty sure its .exe because i published it
(01-14-2012, 10:07 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Read my post camf

[img][Image: b14088cc8de86091def2bb0776b1e08b62ddda4c...75844g.jpg][/img]
thats a pic of the error
Why a setup? Do you have dependencies that need to be installed to a directory in the program folder or? I'm not understanding. Did you create a setup for your application specifically? You don't need a setup if you don't have any external file dependencies really.

I'm confused, check that file extension to double check, and I need to know if your application uses any dll's or references like that.

Start > "Folder Options" > {Enter}

- Uncheck "Hide extensions for known filetypes"
(01-14-2012, 10:25 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Why a setup? Do you have dependencies that need to be installed to a directory in the program folder or? I'm not understanding. Did you create a setup for your application specifically? You don't need a setup if you don't have any external file dependencies really.

I'm confused, check that file extension to double check, and I need to know if your application uses any dll's or references like that.

Start > "Folder Options" > {Enter}

- Uncheck "Hide extensions for known filetypes"

Can you teamviewer me please?
No I don't do TeamViewer. Answering this issue is as easy as counting to 3, I just need to know what your project looks like...
Actually it is because he is publishing it, instead of just sending him the right file:
C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\{ProjectName}\{ProjectName}\bin\Debug

OP just debug once (F5), then navigate to this and send him the .exe - executable file to your friend.
Example: My username for my computer is RDCA, and my project is called Contra

C:\Users\RDCA\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Contra\Contra\bin\Debug

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Publishing question. HatredTrinity 6 1,550 10-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Red X