Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk about SOPA
I dont agree with it.

When people post videos of games and such its like free advertising
Why would Activision want to censor gameplay videos on youtube? It really is quite silly in my opinion. It also denies people if they can't watch reviews either. Would they want to censor gameplay images as well?
(01-14-2012, 11:14 PM).360 Wrote: Why would Activision want to censor gameplay videos on youtube? It really is quite silly in my opinion. It also denies people if they can't watch reviews either. Would they want to censor gameplay images as well?

It's a lot more than just Activision wanting some videos off Youtube. You're missing the big picture.
(01-14-2012, 11:17 PM)Laugh Wrote: It's a lot more than just Activision wanting some videos off Youtube. You're missing the big picture.

Yes but I'm talking in terms of the company. The reason COD media would be removed from the internet would be due to claims from the copyright holder. It just doesn't make sense when it comes to gaming companies.
(01-14-2012, 11:14 PM).360 Wrote: Why would Activision want to censor gameplay videos on youtube? It really is quite silly in my opinion. It also denies people if they can't watch reviews either. Would they want to censor gameplay images as well?

It's saying that people don't have permission to do what they're already doing. It's already illegal to use a song you don't have permission to in a public way, it's already illegal to download pirated software, and it's already illegal to download movies without paying for them.
(01-15-2012, 05:32 PM)Thomas Wrote: It's saying that people don't have permission to do what they're already doing. It's already illegal to use a song you don't have permission to in a public way, it's already illegal to download pirated software, and it's already illegal to download movies without paying for them.

True, however, according to this...
You are not allowed to play your CD's while drving a car with open windows, because people will hear the songs you listen to and it is a public space... ya dig...
I kind of would be proud for getting a 5 year jail for listening a song in my car Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SOPA Denied King 34 6,746 02-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Vote Talk GFX Fragma 6 1,132 01-22-2011, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  "Why Does 3archeryy Talk With Quotes?" Kaleb 15 2,053 12-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Thomas
  Come talk wit me Devil TraZ 1 517 09-01-2010, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Talk like a pirate day! cloudhunter 0 605 09-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Last Post: cloudhunter