Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk about SOPA
I'm surprised this topic hasn't been brought up here yet. If somebody isn't aware of the severity of the bill (and how it effects the whole world: not just the united states) simply say so and I'll explain it to you.

I personally think if it passes, one of the greatest things to happen to easily spread information to an unlimited number of people is going to be stripped from us: the internet. It will be censored and any website can be taken down without warning: including forums like this one.

What do you guys think? Note: Congress has two bills going around. Protect IP and SOPA. They essentially do the same thing, they knew people would make a big deal out of one of them; while the other flies under the radar.
SOPA is fighting a losing battle.
Elaborate please? Rather than your typical one line replies, I'd like to hear your real opinion (if you have one).
Censoring of the internet will be one of the worst disasters ever. The internet often can be the only escape for people to do what they choose - this will totally destroy that ideal. I am against it 100%.
I don't think it concerns me, as I'm not US citizen nor I have any US servers... ;)
However, last I checked this bill passed, correct me if I'm wrong...

I think, that the bill will stop piracy but ignite something far more "dangerous" and "destructive", well it already did.
Hackers, white and black will unite against this bill, and for every site that was taken down, there will be 2 GOV sites taken down, if not even rooted, we've seen what anon can do, and now imagine every single hacker joining the cause, every single script-kiddie using LOIC like apps...

This will bring the cyber-war to it's true state...
There's is nothing gonna happen against Piracy. US Govt is doing these acts for decades, but nothing happened yet. And, if Censorship did made as described in the Bill, then Youtube, Google, Facebook, Twitter and Wikipedia etc will suffer, accept they first give a deadline and warns such sites to flush off these links, but that would be almost impossible.

PS, OMG! I am going to jail for 5 years, because of my warez blog :p

[url=http://myurl.pk/BLgzA][/url]
So much information will evaporate. The internet is a huge part of society. Education will be thrown way behind. The media is a way of life. fudge SOPA!
Meow Meow Meow Meow, Meow Meow Meow Meow, Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow
I highly doubt that it will pass. It violates the constitution and our rights.
The Internet is the greatest thing to happen to the world. It has been almost perfected. It's beautiful as it is. SOPA would take the Internet in a backwards direction.
(01-11-2012, 08:32 PM)Gaijin Wrote: I don't think it concerns me, as I'm not US citizen nor I have any US servers... ;)
However, last I checked this bill passed, correct me if I'm wrong...

I think, that the bill will stop piracy but ignite something far more "dangerous" and "destructive", well it already did.
Hackers, white and black will unite against this bill, and for every site that was taken down, there will be 2 GOV sites taken down, if not even rooted, we've seen what anon can do, and now imagine every single hacker joining the cause, every single script-kiddie using LOIC like apps...

This will bring the cyber-war to it's true state...

It doesn't concern you? What about this website? If it has some copyrighted content on it (I'm sure you will find something, it can get blocked). HF will be blocked, a lot of other sites will be blocked. YouTube & Facebook can get blocked.. But I don't think that will happen because they are to big.

but SOPA sucks man. When I first saw the bill, I was like DAFUQ??? It's just freakin stupid.
------------------------
Add me on msn. I Would love to meet you.
tmpbbbb@hotmail.com
-------------------------

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SOPA Denied King 34 6,735 02-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Vote Talk GFX Fragma 6 1,118 01-22-2011, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  "Why Does 3archeryy Talk With Quotes?" Kaleb 15 2,033 12-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Thomas
  Come talk wit me Devil TraZ 1 515 09-01-2010, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Sam