Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing Can Beat A...
(01-18-2012, 06:24 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: That has to be a UK thing, we always stereotype the British (UK) people as men and women who drink tea at any time of day regardless of what mood their in or how hot or cold it is outside lol. I'd hate to just have tea and toast in the morning... I think I would still be hungry by the time I got in the truck to go to work haha.

I don't always drink tea lol. I just like to drink it in the morning. I drink coffee more than tea generally.
I don't usually have a set eating plan for mornings. I'd have toast and a cup of tea, but on my way to uni I tend to buy a sports drink (usually Powerade), and a little snack (usually a bar of chocolate or something).
Breakfast on the go? lol

Well that's not as bad then, I had the idea at first that this whole British cliche about tea was over exaggerated until I started seeing it as more reality, but not for everyone I guess haha Smile

I'm the same way, no set plan, I just open my fridge and decide what I'm going to have. Rarely do I play to go and buy stuff and have it the next day. Maybe on weekends, when I have more time in mornings.
(01-18-2012, 06:47 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Breakfast on the go? lol

Well that's not as bad then, I had the idea at first that this whole British cliche about tea was over exaggerated until I started seeing it as more reality, but not for everyone I guess haha Smile

I'm the same way, no set plan, I just open my fridge and decide what I'm going to have. Rarely do I play to go and buy stuff and have it the next day. Maybe on weekends, when I have more time in mornings.

I did a bit of Googling and came across this on Yahoo Answers:

Q. Why do the British love tea, and why do us Americans love coffee?

A. As strange as it sounds:

* The British like tea partly because it was readily available from the far eastern parts of their Empire (mainly India); and also because it distinguished them from continental Europe where coffee is more popular.
* Ironically, after the Revolution many Americans turned to coffee, precisely because it distinguished them from the British!

Quite funny if it's true. Smile
I don't really know why tea is such a stereotype for English people. I, and most people I know, like tea, but we don't have it all of the time. It's just like anything else I like. I'm sure if there was a survey made in England, you'd find that for food/drink obsessions, tea wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list lol.

It's like all stereotypes though... Most are just complete rubbish.
The whole English have goofy teeth thing is a prime example.. Our teeth are no more goofy than any other countries teeth lol.

I never heard the one about teeth, but that's a cool bit of info for the day for me, on the subject of tea vs. coffee, and americans vs. the british/uk Smile

I never even been to the UK, but I had friends that have been to lots of places in Europe.
(01-18-2012, 06:14 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: But you don't have anything else for breakfast? It's the most important meal of the day Smile You need to have more than that.

I actually don't usually eat anything for breakfast, but If I do Tea and Toast would be my first choice! Or a "full-English Breakfast".
(01-18-2012, 06:47 AM)AceInfinity Wrote: Breakfast on the go? lol

It is highly exaggerated. I just like tea, but I also like coffee. It's just a stereo-type. I know tons of people who don't even like tea at all.
Full English on a Sunday morning to get me in the mood for "Football Sunday".
Every other day though I'd agree with you. Tea and toast with lurpack butter.

I find it funny when someone asks you , where do you come from ? and if you reply Britain it's "Oh wheres your tea pot ?" but if you reply Scotland/England/Wales/Northern Ireland they relate back to other cliches. ^.^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heart starts to beat very fast + laboured breathing LancerImpact 9 1,185 01-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity