Poll: C++ or Python?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Python
28.57%
8 28.57%
C++
71.43%
20 71.43%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C++ Vs Python?
I think Python would over rule C++.

Python has also been around longer so I believe it's more known.
[Image: HFTOTW2DR.png]

C++ is faster than python but python is cross-platform lang.
anyway i vote for cpp.....it rox
I vote for C++ because it is quite better than Python but python is very easy to learn and if you are just starting you should use it.You can create so many types of applications with python that it will sometime become the Standard language.

That is why my vote goes for C++!
(04-06-2010, 12:21 AM)Detective RooTz Wrote: Python has also been around longer so I believe it's more known.
Hmm, time-line of programming languages.
C: 1972
C++: 1983
Python: 1991

Also, the standard Python implementation, CPython, is written using C, so no, Python hasn't been around longer than C/C++.

(04-06-2010, 09:57 AM)nitinrox Wrote: C++ is faster than python but python is cross-platform lang.
The C++ language is cross-platform, the core language and libraries just don't offer high-level abstractions for as much stuff as Python (which is why cross platform C++ can be more difficult since there is a large combination of compiler/operating system quirks to take into consideration).

I will agree though, that Python has been implemented on pretty much everything nowadays (since all you really need is a C compiler to build CPython).
[Image: sig.php]
The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't.
I'd say C++ as i really haven't done that much with Python and i'm not familiar with it.
I switched back and forth between C++ and Python, and honestly, there's something about C++. I'm still a beginner in programming but I would have to say C++. It's really easy to get sick of programming with C++ because it's so difficult to pick up at first, but when you get the hang of it it's really fun.
You have to think, 'What am I using it for?' and 'Which language will be ideal for the job?'
Different things are better for different tasks.
I vote C++ it is better in my opinion.. Smile
[Image: gameoverp.png]
I vote for c++ much better!
C++ forever .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C++, C , Python Equinøx 17 2,494 04-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Detective RooTz