Poll: C++ or Python?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Python
28.57%
8 28.57%
C++
71.43%
20 71.43%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C++ Vs Python?
C++ or Python? Explain.
I vote for C++, even if I, in my deep heart think that Python should it be!
Python is very easy, to learn and use.
You can create so freaking many types of apps with python that it will sooner or later become the Standard language. Roflmao

But I'm on this one with C++, just because the feeling I get when working with it, it's like talking to the computer, with python it's just coding.
Python.

Very simple and yet so powerful.
C++ is much more complex but also more powerful.
C++, enjoy the power you harness.
I would be remiss to actually compare these two. Being as C++ and Python aren't really for the same things. I wouldn't create a web app in c++ and I wouldn't make a 400,000 loc project in python. I mean yes, you can do both, with both. But I just don't think you can compare the two.
(11-02-2009, 12:04 PM)bsdpunk Wrote: I would be remiss to actually compare these two. Being as C++ and Python aren't really for the same things. I wouldn't create a web app in c++ and I wouldn't make a 400,000 loc project in python. I mean yes, you can do both, with both. But I just don't think you can compare the two.

True, but c++ is more powerful but more complex, start with Python if it's your first language. Smile
C++

It is my mother programming language, and it kicks arse!
[Image: sig.php]
The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't.
I think python be because it is a lot easier and the syntax is easier than C++, but python is almost as powerful ( This is just my opinion as a beginner in python and some who tried C++ and quit).

Another reason is here is the hello world for Python -
Code:
Print " Hello World! "

And here is Hello World for C++ -
Code:
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
void main()
{
  cout << "Hello World!" << endl;    
}

I also think that if you start with C++ you will get frustrated quickly and quit programming quickly.

Just my Opinion.
(11-03-2009, 02:02 AM)Fail Ninja Wrote:
Code:
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
void main()
{
  cout << "Hello World!" << endl;    
}

Sorry, pet peeve of mine; You can still make that code one line smaller:
Code:
#include <iostream>
int main()
{
  std::cout << "Hello World!" << std::endl;    
}

Not that it matters. Btw, I thought the main() function had to be of return type "int" as I wrote?
(11-09-2009, 06:31 PM)J4P4NM4N Wrote: Sorry, pet peeve of mine; You can still make that code one line smaller:
Code:
#include <iostream>
int main()
{
  std::cout << "Hello World!" << std::endl;    
}

Not that it matters. Btw, I thought the main() function had to be of return type "int" as I wrote?

That would be silly to type std:: before every line...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  C++, C , Python Equinøx 17 2,494 04-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Detective RooTz