Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "View New Post" Page should automatically refresh every time there is a new post.
This would mean too many queries to the database, useless pressure on the server. Just use Reload Every, if you're too lazy to refresh the page yourself. Or if you want, you can subscribe to this forum's feed. That last option should serve pretty much what you want, if you have a desktop feed reader of some sorts, or are using Flock (feed reader built in).
As the site grows bigger, that page would refresh every half a second.
Download an autoclicker, set it to click the refresh button on your browser every X minutes.
I fail to concur.
[Image: 531hf7.jpg]
Solved.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
x=1
while [ $x -le 5 ]
do
   sleep 10
   xte "mouseclick 1"
done
You can normally set your browser to autorefresh.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
fudge that, are you too lazy to refresh the page man?

It's not like your going to miss them. Or do you have to be the first person on every post?
If you are watching TV and you don't particularly want to get up to refresh the page, if you are using Firefox,
(it doesn't work with IE), you could get that add-on suggested by Etheryte, called Reload Every, then you can set it to reload whenever you want.

Like it's already been said, if it was really busy here, the page could be reloaded every second or so, which may be too much demand for the server, I'm not certain.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reported post Ahri 1 843 12-29-2015, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Prince
  Add: View My Threads Eternal. 11 2,697 10-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Autopost
  Post Count Not Updating? ParadoxCF 5 898 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Fly
  SF'S LACK OF ACTIVITY - GENERATING BACKLINKS - POST YOUR PROBLEMS King 5 1,368 12-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Last Post: King
  Problem with my post count? JakeUS 4 1,005 10-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Sql