Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Grabs 20% Of Your Total Bandwidth,Learn How to Fix It
(12-26-2011, 05:03 PM)iRun Wrote: Windows cannot find "gpedit.msc"

Well thats a dissapointment.

You're not running Windows Professional or Windows Ultimate then if you have Windows 7. It's only default installed in those 2 versions. Otherwise you're going to have to install gpedit manually which is also possible. But in reality, gpedit is just a GUI interface for changing registry values, so the functionality on your computer already virtually exists.

The reason why everyone says it's already set to 0% is because that's the disabled text, it's not really set on that. If this option is set to disabled or not configured, it automatically grabs 20% as the value. By default it's set to "Not Configured".
(12-30-2011, 04:42 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: You're not running Windows Professional or Windows Ultimate then if you have Windows 7. It's only default installed in those 2 versions. Otherwise you're going to have to install gpedit manually which is also possible. But in reality, gpedit is just a GUI interface for changing registry values, so the functionality on your computer already virtually exists.

The reason why everyone says it's already set to 0% is because that's the disabled text, it's not really set on that. If this option is set to disabled or not configured, it automatically grabs 20% as the value. By default it's set to "Not Configured".

Thanks for this reply Ace Smile I highly appreciate it.
[Image: Z95Xp.png]
For some reason gpedit.msc won't come up for me... Any ideas?
(12-31-2011, 09:04 AM)Rhynorater Wrote: For some reason gpedit.msc won't come up for me... Any ideas?

Again read my post here: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid259938
Just added your post as a f.A.Q xD
[Image: Z95Xp.png]
(01-09-2012, 08:04 AM)ρяιη¢є Wrote: Just added your post as a f.A.Q xD

lol, I had that bit of information in my brain from not too long ago as well, because I only tested Home Premium, but i've been on Ultimate for as long as I can remember now.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Win7 Mouse fix Ram 4 1,562 12-31-2011, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Rhynorater
  Trying to fix .NET eXosphere™ 9 2,186 08-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Last Post: eax
  Messenger Fix for Windows 7 [TuT] Viciousness 7 1,594 11-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Last Post: ElephantShoe