Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Messenger Fix for Windows 7 [TuT]
How To: Move Your Messenger Icon to System Tray

Okay, so if you've used Windows Messenger in W7 you've noticed that it doesn't exactly run the same as it does in previous Windows operating systems. In short, it's annoying.

If you would like to know how to move your messenger icon to the system tray just follow my guide below.

Steps 1-3 (Click to View)

1. Right click the messenger Icon on the task-bar.

2. Right click "Windows Live Messenger" > Click properties.

3. Click the compatibility tab.

Steps 4-6 (Click to View)

4. Check run this program in compatibility mode for: > Choose Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)

5. Click "OK".

6. The program will re-install and should now be working as stated.

I hope you found this useful.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

Ya, I needed to do this as well. You would think microsoft could make their own stuff work right together.
(10-06-2009, 05:13 PM)Alex Wrote: Ya, I needed to do this as well. You would think microsoft could make their own stuff work right together.

Yeah, haha.

Very weird, I'm not sure if they thought they were improving it or not. Either way, they failed.

Nice tutorial. I've tried out Windows 7 and loved it can't wait till Oct 22. when I get the real deal Smile
Thanks for this. It got really annoying sitting on the task bar.
[Image: arch2.png]
Windows 7 was released recently so I think this might be helpful to a few more people, bumping.

Thanks man, I hated the new way of it. I always got confused, because when I closed the window, it was still there.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Thanks. I was wanting to know the same thing actually. Even if I turned it off at start up in msconfig it would still show up.
[Image: fixedt.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TUT]How to Reset Password Windows XP/Vista/7 by Hiren's BootCD Jinu 6 20,428 11-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Last Post: RedTannins
  Windows Grabs 20% Of Your Total Bandwidth,Learn How to Fix It Prince 15 3,860 01-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Win7 Mouse fix Ram 4 1,562 12-31-2011, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Rhynorater
  [TUT]How to optimise Windows 7 & get good speed? Jinu 2 1,296 12-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Last Post: thespragg
  [tut]Change the Windows 7 Login Box itylernallen 25 11,127 10-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Last Post: ariton