Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7's Unfixable Glitch
Quote:That isn't true at all. That program which could install itself would be able to modify your firewall settings and allow itself access to the internet itself.

Most good firewalls have prevention against this. For example, a master PW required to make changes, a confirmation when trying to be shutdown, ect.
Some do, but people who will be susceptible to such problems, will not.
(10-05-2009, 04:09 PM)aldo Wrote: Some do, but people who will be susceptible to such problems, will not.

I suppose, but you must understand why people who are experienced in PC security would find UAC annoying.
Yeah, I know why, and I can see why. But I have never turned it off (except for doing a couple test things) because I believe its benefits outweigh its annoyances.
Quote: Yeah, I know why, and I can see why. But I have never turned it off (except for doing a couple test things) because I believe its benefits outweigh its annoyances.

I mainly just dislike it because there is no 'remember' option; with Firewalls, there is.
What will it remember? The name of the file which could easily be changed to something else which could be harmful, but it would then get permission to run because you had it remember.

But yeah, that would be nice. I would say it ought to take a hash of the file it is 'remembering' the action for, and as long as the hash didn't change, then use the action you had it remember, otherwise, prompt and say it changed (Could be due to an update to the software, or something not so good, or whatever).
Vbootkit 2.0 currently only works on Windows 7 ( x64 edition ).
they will make a addon to fix it i think.
[Image: juan9087.jpg]
oi thats not gewd :3
Linux ftw