Support Forums

Full Version: Windows 7's Unfixable Glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
A team of researchers located an exploit within the new operating system that can allow hackers to take control of a user's machine during the startup process. The problem was identified by Vipin Kumar and Nitin Kumar, who created a program called VBootKit 2.0 that exploits the weakness and allows a hacker to bypass the machine's hard drive entirely, making it nearly impossible to detect. Once hackers can implement the software, they can then change access permissions, passwords, and gain access to a user's sensitive information. What's worse, a program like the one created by Vipin and Nitin Kumar can be as small as 3KBs, and thus can be spread rapidly. Naturally, problems like these are common during the pre-release beta stages, but Vipin and Nitin Kumar claim that this vulnerability is unique and completely unfixable.

"There's no fix for this. It cannot be fixed," said Vipin during his presentation in Dubai. "It's a design problem."

What do yall think about this????

My personal opinion is that truecrypt can fix this problem in a heartbeat. Plus the only way to have a root kit work is locally or maybe though a worm.
I dont believe that it cant be fixed imo. I think everything is fixable. +rep for good info.
I bet someone will find a fix for this, if not atleast I don't use my windows 7 boot ever, I just use my linux boot.
I'm sure Microsoft is looking for a fix before it released the final version which it will give to the computer companys.
LoL Microsoft fails again.
(10-05-2009, 02:34 PM)St0rmW1nd Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure Microsoft is looking for a fix before it released the final version which it will give to the computer companys.

yall seem to have a lot of confidence in the company that released vista.

although I will admit that other than this glitch they have done a great job on the OS
(10-05-2009, 02:37 PM)R3c0nn1ssanc3 Wrote: [ -> ]yall seem to have a lot of confidence in the company that released vista.

Vista wasn't bad security wise. Microsoft made many advancements security wise with vista.
(10-05-2009, 02:48 PM)Alex Wrote: [ -> ]Vista wasn't bad security wise. Microsoft made many advancements security wise with vista.
I was referring to most of the new things that were filled with glitches and the 4 GBs of ram to took to run the OS.
I know vista had it's problems. I didn't deny that but this thread is about a security glitch.
It's basically a RAT, I guess? Nothing new really. The effects are the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 4