Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bogus Reports
Please be more particular when it comes to reporting posts. I'm seeing a lot of bogus reports with reasons like "this bothers me..blah blah". When the report reason does not violate our policies.

This is a waste of resources for staff or I to read bogus reports.

So please be more selective when it comes to reporting posts.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Nice move Omni. This will get us one step closer to more High Quality. Thumbsup
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
Who is this Omniscient person? I haven't seen him here before?

Hopefully you're going to be more active now Omni? Start taking more interest in this forum again? It's a shame to watch this forum get taken over from spammers, I see what you're saying how you think it helps more, but the members don't feel that way.
Some people simply don't understand what the Report button is for. Just mark it as read and move on.

Anyway, the other attention-seeking threads are getting boring. If you want to leave Support Forums than just leave. If you don't like where the forum is headed, than do something about it. Hint: Making a thread asking to remove the support feather is not doing something about, since it has been discussed and it will not be removed. We have (had) moderators to take care of the low quality posting and spam bots.

It is to the point you guys aren't even suggesting things...just complaining. Activity is doing good, but it is up to the members to keep the quality high. People need to understand that. Omni cannot flip a switch that makes everything high quality. Nobody wants to be on a forum where all people do is complain, and what are you guys doing? Complaining. Try contributing and maybe people will get the hint. Otherwise don't bother.
I make reports with valid reasons but sometimes "Spamzor" for "Spammer". Tongue
[Image: Z95Xp.png]
I'm going to make some site adjustments to stop the spam in the next week. It's pretty heavy and something has to be done about it.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(12-07-2011, 12:56 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I'm going to make some site adjustments to stop the spam in the next week. It's pretty heavy and something has to be done about it.

We're so glad to hear it from you Omni Thumbsup SF is going to be cool soon. Smile
[Image: Z95Xp.png]
(12-07-2011, 12:56 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I'm going to make some site adjustments to stop the spam in the next week. It's pretty heavy and something has to be done about it.
That's fantastic news, Omni. Can't wait to see some changes and new staff. Thumbsup
#Korra2018

Thank-you Omni, that's all we needed from the start. Also couldn't you use the default plugin "Akismet" to help fight the spam?
(12-07-2011, 05:23 AM)BreShiE Wrote: Thank-you Omni, that's all we needed from the start. Also couldn't you use the default plugin "Akismet" to help fight the spam?
I'm sure there's a plugin much stronger than that; there is one in particular, Spam-Be-Gone (written by Xerotic) that's better than Akismet to an extent.
http://mods.mybb.com/view/spam-be-gone
#Korra2018

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: Scam Reports The Elite 9 1,133 05-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Last Post: alfonzo1955
  Canned reports NekoChan 7 1,188 04-25-2010, 02:13 AM
Last Post: ShuTdown