Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the different roles in a team that designs 3D GRAPHICS?
Im not sure how to rephrase it but here’s my request…I want to know how many roles are needed in a team that designs or make 3D animation/graphic movie..like KungFuPanda, etc.
All I know is that the team need to be consists of graphic designers as usual, sound/audio management(those who works on the audio part) …
Does someone need to manage administration matters? Or is there any roles needed in a team?
They will usually split each section into teams, and there will usually be a team that manages all of the teams.
Each team will focus on a specific area.
It will start off with jotting down different ideas, and from that, a script will be written.
Once the script is finished, there will be a team which will draw up storyboards showing a brief idea of what will happen.
Then there will be another team that work on making an animatic, which is like a basic animated version of the storyboard.
Once that's all done, there will be a team that work on the character designs.
Once the characters are finalized, they will be modeled in 3D by another team, rigged by another team, and animated by another team. This usually happens at the same time as another team working on the art work for the scenery.
Another team will then do all of the lighting, rendering, compositing, effects, etc...

It's a pretty lengthy process with hundreds and hundreds of people involved in the process.

Based on the number of people and who is the team leader. The roles can vary dramatically.
If you have a proper crew.
You would have a Director, Concept Artist, facial animator, voice crew, sound crew, character artists, landscape artists, lighting, PR, Buissness Relations,
But a skeleton crew would be ideally buissness relations, team leader, designer, sound,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Buy] Thread designs/advertisement designs KillaPlaya 0 680 10-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Last Post: KillaPlaya
  My best designs! grapeFRUIT 11 977 12-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Egg
  T-Shirt Designs Xypher 13 1,354 11-12-2011, 01:27 AM
Last Post: Genuine
  Frag 3D Designs Fragma 8 926 11-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Detroit
  Some recent designs. C4Vendetta 10 1,639 03-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Melted oreo