Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modern Warfare 3 Solo Survival Tips?
Hello SupportForums!,

Does anyone have any tips they can give to me, a newbie, for solo survival in Mw3? It would be greatly appreciated Smile
Check this video out:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN2isFI22Aw[/youtube]

There are also a lot of other tips and tricks to solo survival mode on YouTube to check out. This was the best video that I could find.
(11-29-2011, 11:06 PM)Reliant Wrote: Check this video out:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN2isFI22Aw[/youtube]

There are also a lot of other tips and tricks to solo survival mode on YouTube to check out. This was the best video that I could find.

Those are very amateur tips and tricks Tongue

SURVIVAL TIPS:
- Run when necessary.
- Don't Waste Predator Missles on Aircraft.
- Be Useful with Claymores.
- Make sure you ALWAYS have a Self-Revive.
- Obtain and use weapons like the [ACR, FAD, M4A1, AK-47]
- Use Sentry Guns in convenient areas around you.
- Spawn Delta Force/Riot Shield Teams to help you be defensive.
- Make your KillZone be somewhere around the middle of the Ammo, Equipment and Aircraft Crates.
- At the end of Round 1/2, be sure to pick up the Model Shotgun, or MP5 (whichever comes first, it varies between maps)
- If you kill or down an enemy and they glow/flash RED, back away, it's C4, take advantage of it by downing other enemies around the C4 Soldiers/Dogs.
- Set up Minefields with C4's and Claymores after about Wave 20, just to make it less stressful when Juggernauts and Chemical Warfare Soldiers drop in.
- When trying to kill a Juggernaut, there are some easy methods to killing him, 5 C4's layered, explode when he steps on them. 5 Claymores layered, put them in a doorway and lure him to it. Predator Missle, waste of money, 1-hit kill. 2 RPG Shots, direct impact. *in lower levels you can run in circles around the Juggernauts and just constantly stab and shoot them, because they arent as skilled as the ones that will appear later.
- After Wave 15, you should invest in Body Armor.
- Don't upgrade weapons or buy Perk Care Packages, they're a waste of money and aren't useful to what you are trying to accomplish.
[Image: Starstrucksig.gif]
Aw, I'm so jealous.
How is Mw3? 've heard from plenty of people that it's bad, and from a lot of people that it's amazing.
I just play on underground, get a riot squad, camp near the weapons armory, and I get 2 turrets. Usually, I get claymores and put them down, and detonate them in the middle of a wave.
I'm back on SupportForums after a 5 year hiatus.
I always like to camp in one area. I always buy as many perks/advantages as possible (riot squad, armor) usually after every round.
(12-05-2011, 04:46 PM)๖ۣۜPurple ๖ۣۜHaze Wrote: I always like to camp in one area. I always buy as many perks/advantages as possible (riot squad, armor) usually after every round.

Exactly what I do. We should play some day. Do you have a Xbox 360?
I'm back on SupportForums after a 5 year hiatus.
I dont know any atm but good luck finding one.
Virus has some good points, but he's also wayyyyyy off on some. I've been to wave 50 on Seatown solo (good for 54th in the world rankings). Don't buy perks?? By round 30, im up to $75,000 or more, I can afford the five grand for sleight of hand. In fact I buy Sleight of Hand ASAP, by round three. Sleight of hand makes a HUGE difference when reloading LMG's especially, but also for all guns. Cant tell you how many times I've gotten an extra rampage or kill streak bonus because I was able to reload faster. And dont upgrade? A grip and sight cost like $2500 and make my LMGs sooooo much more accurate. Worth it. When I died in wave 50, I still had over $40,000 left.. after having bought two upgraded LMGs and using air strikes each wave for the past 10 waves.

MY TIPS?

1. Camp a good spot where you cant be flanked easily, and use claymores to cover your back in early rounds (10-20 or 30), and sentry guns (you can have two deployed at once, do it, it works better this way) in later rounds. On Seatown, I wouldnt deploy sentry guns until after round 25 or so. MAKE SURE that your guns dont get wiped out by the little bird choppers. I move mine before those rounds begin.
2. Never buy ANY guns from the box except for Light Machine Guns. And dont buy one until at least round 20 or 25. MP5s, AKs, ACRs, and FADs are more than good enough, and the ammo is free. I usually have a full load of ammo in whatever gun was used BEFORE the one the enemies are currently using (so for the first round of ACRs, I have a full load of AK ammo going into it).
3. While you cannot make crawlers like in Zombies, you can leave one dude alive and run around and do crap in later rounds. After wave 30, I make sure to always have two sentry guns deployed and one air strike in my pocket, as well as full ammo obviously.
4. Body Armor is a waste of money. Just hide and recover. I only use armor when Im about to break my previous highest wave and I want to MAKE SURE I will break it haha.
5. Juggernauts? Lure em in to your initial position, then bail and run, kill regular dudes, then C4 the juggs. Easy. I actually look forward to Jugg and Chopper waves, it gives me time to reset my position (#3, bout the crawlers? Juggs and Choppers make excellent crawlers).

In my opinion, Riot Squads and Delta are only effective when in a position that will not be flanked. And as the soldiers will follow you when you go to buy ammo or claymores or whatever, they will leave the secure positions and often fight like retards. The armored dudes carrying FAD's will make short work of em. Air Strikes as much better. Wait for the enemies to cluster near you, pop the purple smoke, and sit back and watch the rampages and quad kills roll in. Predators are a total waste, and you can easily be killed while using one.
Find a building with only 2 entrances and camp with heavy weapons.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COD Modern Warfare 3: Weapon Guides - SCAR-L [11/05/2012] BlackChaos 0 1,431 05-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Last Post: BlackChaos
  COD Modern Warfare 3: Weapon Guides - M4A1 [30/03/2012] BlackChaos 7 3,305 04-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Last Post: xCookiez
  COD Modern Warfare 3: Weapon Guides - Barrett .50cal [8/04/2012] BlackChaos 3 3,239 04-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Last Post: xCookiez
  Modern Warfare 3 Jakep12321 31 5,226 03-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Last Post: TwoMuchCaffeine
  Modern Warfare 3 Mordecai 52 5,663 01-18-2012, 05:57 AM
Last Post: Techie.