Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Should I Clean My Computer?
A strong vacuum could pull some of the chips ect off the main board, or at least damage them i would imagine.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
(10-31-2009, 10:44 PM)JDBar Wrote: Someone told me it was bad to use a vacuum, cause it could cause static electricity, which apparently might mess something up.

Quite possible. But as long as the pc is turned off it should be fine.
Any cleaning is better than none. Dust in those silly fans in really bad. They bind up quick as. Not to mention heatsinks. They love the dust.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Just get the garden hose onto it then hang it out on the line Devlish
I never clean my computer(s), seems to work okay, i get a new one every couple of years.

(11-01-2009, 12:00 AM)Agent Wrote: Just get the garden hose onto it then hang it out on the line Devlish
I never clean my computer(s), seems to work okay, i get a new one every couple of years.

I think it largely depends on the enviroment the computers are in to be honest.
For example having dogs, cats and children around them as i do can generate loads more dust, hair or whatever.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Yeah, one of my computers (in another room) picks up a Shitload of dust, whilst my main one picks up barely any to none!
Cotton Swabs + Towel + Compressed air does the job for me.
Yeah, my computer is in a basement. My mom sometimes smokes inside and I have a cat. So I imagine it's got some dust.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
I take my tower to work, since we have an Air Compressor. I dust and clean it out every month. It stays dust dust free 99% of the time.
Me too hanzo, I work in a panel beaters part-time.

Get dust filters for all mesh etc. on your tower.
[Image: 531hf7.jpg]
(11-01-2009, 09:20 AM)Hanzo Wrote: I take my tower to work, since we have an Air Compressor. I dust and clean it out every month. It stays dust dust free 99% of the time.

It's good to keep YOUR pc clean. If your gaming rig overheated it would intensify global warming at least 20%. Oui