Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Should I Clean My Computer?
I took a survey a couple of months ago that told me I should clean my computer about every 4 months. I have a Dell XPS 625, and I'm wondering how I'm supposed to clean it. Before I owned this computer I've always had laptops that can't be opened to clean, so I've never had to do it before. What are the best steps to take? Thanks.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
I'd use a can of compressed air if i was you. Smile
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
(10-30-2009, 02:43 PM)Codine Wrote: I'd use a can of compressed air if i was you. Smile

I agree, but DO NOT spray it directly onto the fans. You can damage them like that.
I didn't know you could damage them with a can of compressed air. Thanks for the tip.. I'll bear that in mind Smile
Thanks. I'll buy a can next time I go to Best Buy or something (or wherever they sell cans). The grill thing on the front and back of my computer is getting kind of dusty, but I think it's only on the outside because I popped the front off and there wasn't really any dust inside.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
For your grill/fan you could also use a old toothbrush, or a new one.. and make sure you use it when it's dry. Remove all power to the system too.
Don't inhale that crap, a whole bunch of kids where getting high off it and some were randomly dieing!

Something to do with compressing the air in your lungs... I don't know.
Erm, there wouldn't be any effect from air tho would they???

Sorry for hijacking the thread.
See here:
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/dustoff.asp
windex O.o