Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Omniscient Do SOMETHING!!!!!!
(09-26-2011, 02:34 PM)BreShiE Wrote: It's nice to see you're back Gaijin, I've never seen you here before, but you look like a great member. Smile

I'm going to talk to Ace later on and see If I can get him back, now Omni seems to be doing something, I doubt he'll have a problem with it.

LOL, lurk through PHP forums, I mad quite an amount of tutorials, which were all (almost) filled with ty posts instead of any advice from experienced users...
Also to everybody else: stop requesting the feather to be removed. It is clear it won't be removed and Omniscient is correct on keeping it. It is easy to ban/remove posts of the spammers in order to take the chance of getting a good member out of them.

The question is, is the staff willing to completely wipe the spammers posts? That is the real issue. I don't care if the thread is locked, I don't care if the poster is banned. I care that the horrible posts are still visible. It drags down moods, and overall motivation. Quality over quantity in this case.

(09-26-2011, 02:34 PM)BreShiE Wrote: It's nice to see you're back Gaijin, I've never seen you here before, but you look like a great member. Smile

I'm going to talk to Ace later on and see If I can get him back, now Omni seems to be doing something, I doubt he'll have a problem with it.

Why? He made his decision to leave.

Don't jump the gun just yet. Replying to the thread != Doing things about the issues. Step in the right direction, for sure though.
(09-26-2011, 02:37 PM)Gaijin Wrote: LOL, lurk through PHP forums, I mad quite an amount of tutorials, which were all (almost) filled with ty posts instead of any advice from experienced users...

Oh, so you're a PHP master I see? Smile

Are you any good with MyBB Plugins, I need help with mine, can't get it to work.

I can't actually code PHP, I copied from another plugin which does pretty much the same think, but I tweaked around with it, and viola. I can activate it in the ACP but it wont actually work. Mad
Seriously? Spam is overrated. Just because someone doesn't start there own threads and only comments on them that does NOT make them a spammer. I've been here for about a month already and i only have 100 posts. But mainly comment and rarely start a thread. Does that make me a spammer? I wouldn't say so. I'd say it's contributing. Obviously if someone joined the forum and flew to i dunno 57 posts in a day, you could deem them as a spammer.

Also people can get caught up with spam. For instance a lq spammer comments on an old thread. A HQ member doesn't realize it's an old thread, it's just been bumped to the top. So he comments on it. Would he be a spammer?

Anyways IMO the forum isn't being spammed to bad. The only thing is, is updates. I made a thread in suggestions about changing the favicon, i don't even think Omni commented back on it. And people thought changing the favicon was a good idea. And it'd only take a sec or so. So Omni is either just lazy, or is neglecting this forum. Both are bad.
(09-26-2011, 02:40 PM)BreShiE Wrote: Oh, so you're a PHP master I see? Smile

Are you any good with MyBB Plugins, I need help with mine, can't get it to work.

I can't actually code PHP, I copied from another plugin which does pretty much the same think, but I tweaked around with it, and viola. I can activate it in the ACP but it wont actually work. Mad

Practice what you preach and stop spamming off-topic posts. I'm being a huge hypocrite here, but PM him if you have an issue.
(09-26-2011, 02:38 PM)Laugh Wrote: Why? He made his decision to leave.

Don't jump the gun just yet. Replying to the thread != Doing things about the issues. Step in the right direction, for sure though.

He decided to leave because Omni wasn't doing anything, now he is doing things.

Removed inactive staff
Made a new group
Replying to peoples threads

All of which I haven't see before in my time here.
(09-26-2011, 02:41 PM)Unify Wrote: Seriously? Spam is overrated. Just because someone doesn't start there own threads and only comments on them that does NOT make them a spammer. I've been here for about a month already and i only have 100 posts. But mainly comment and rarely start a thread. Does that make me a spammer? I wouldn't say so. I'd say it's contributing. Obviously if someone joined the forum and flew to i dunno 57 posts in a day, you could deem them as a spammer.

Also people can get caught up with spam. For instance a lq spammer comments on an old thread. A HQ member doesn't realize it's an old thread, it's just been bumped to the top. So he comments on it. Would he be a spammer?

Anyways IMO the forum isn't being spammer to bad. The only thing is, is updated. I made a thread in suggestions about changing the favicon, i don't even think Omni commented back on it. And people thought changing the favicon was a good idea. And it'd only take a sec or so. So Omni is either just lazy, or is neglecting this forum. Both are bad.

Nobody called you a spammer.

(09-26-2011, 02:42 PM)BreShiE Wrote: He decided to leave because Omni wasn't doing anything, now he is doing things.

Removed inactive staff
Made a new group

Okay, then message him. Won't change much. Let's wait until Omni replies otherwise w'ere just rambling.
(09-26-2011, 02:41 PM)Unify Wrote: Seriously? Spam is overrated. Just because someone doesn't start there own threads and only comments on them that does NOT make them a spammer. I've been here for about a month already and i only have 100 posts. But mainly comment and rarely start a thread. Does that make me a spammer? I wouldn't say so. I'd say it's contributing. Obviously if someone joined the forum and flew to i dunno 57 posts in a day, you could deem them as a spammer.

Anyways IMO the forum isn't being spammed to bad. The only thing is, is updates. I made a thread in suggestions about changing the favicon, i don't even think Omni commented back on it. And people thought changing the favicon was a good idea. And it'd only take a sec or so. So Omni is either just lazy, or is neglecting this forum. Both are bad.

Was it hard to type that post, do you enjoy my one liner opinion about it... (there isn't one by the way)

Go and take a look at the 500+ members of whom get 100 posts within a day. If you've taken notice to the forum you would realize there is a spam problem, even Omni himself is admitting it, but problems take time to be resolved, and time, unfortunately, is something Omni hasn't got.

Laugh Wrote:
(09-26-2011, 02:42 PM)BreShiE Wrote: He decided to leave because Omni wasn't doing anything, now he is doing things.

Removed inactive staff
Made a new group

Okay, then message him. Won't change much. Let's wait until Omni replies otherwise w'ere just rambling.

Agreed.

The whole point of this thread was AIMED at Omni, not for discussion on the subject. I don't want to PM him as I'm sure he gets overrun, that's why I made a post, it's always here and he can reply when he wants.

Anyway this thread is for Omni to discuss this and for us to suggest things to him, not to argue about the spamming issue, just to observe the outcome.
A couple of things.
1) I hope to stick with this forum for a while. I don't want to be another person here just for the feather award. I could give two lesser shits about that. Helping people out is a priority to me, although the Apple Support section is kinda quiet :/
2) Omni made a new group? o.0
3) I haven't been here long enough to give a well developed opinion so I won't say anything in respect to the OP.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question towards Omniscient. ๖ۣۜHacker™ 5 744 12-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Last Post: aGameStory
  Interview with Jesse Labrocca (Omniscient) Terrorz 32 7,827 09-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Last Post: iRun
  To: Omniscient Creations 2 553 04-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Last Post: ψ ḞḸḀMḮNḠ †Ɽ□ỈỈ ψ
  omniscient did you get my? wastabi 18 2,652 12-22-2010, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Pink Floyd
  Omniscient Sam 15 1,782 05-09-2010, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Juggalo-Lee