Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 8 Developer Preview Released [09.13.11]
I just downloaded it and installed it on a newly formatted hard drive running tinyxp on my netbook.. and I must say, I don't like the direction Microsoft is going with this..

Like seriously, why does everything have to be "tablet" friendly... or "phone"-look-a-like.. It's so lame that the made Windows 8 look like a phone OS..
I don't know how a large company is gonna handle such an interface. I think it's also too flashy looking. I hope they tone down the colors.

And about the Linux stuff, GNOME3 is horrible. I prefer the GNOME2 interface.

KDE is in close second.

Unity is another story.... arrrg.

XFCE might gain some ground after this.
(09-16-2011, 06:26 AM)173.245.61.36 Wrote: I don't know how a large company is gonna handle such an interface. I think it's also too flashy looking. I hope they tone down the colors.

And about the Linux stuff, GNOME3 is horrible. I prefer the GNOME2 interface.

KDE is in close second.

Unity is another story.... arrrg.

XFCE might gain some ground after this.

Who mentioned anything about Linux in this thread? This is about Windows 8 (Developer Preview)

Also, it works find on my Virtual Box, you might have not allocated a good amount of RAM to the OS or something.
I wonder why IE has to be so slow, from IE8 and up, they seemed to have not noticed how fast their competition browsers have been, but they don't really care because they probably think there is no competition. People use that crappy IE anyway because it's a default Windows install item lol.

IE10 is supposed to come out with Windows 8 though, I'll test it eventually, but i'm not expecting wonders in performance, just a whole bunch of fancy features from Microsoft trying to show off I bet.
IE is meant for downloading firefox or chrome. that's it's sole existence.
Haha, really true, you can't get anything from the internet from when you first start if you don't open IE that one time. I use curl as a downloader for quite a few things though too. I mainly use SRware Iron and Firefox 9 though.

And yes Smile they have Powershell in Windows 8 as a default install
Here's the new IE10 they've embedded within the new Windows 8 UI:

[Image: iMHqOCHeYNPPz.png]
I think it's weird having the address bar on the bottom.
Here's my latest Win8 desktop with the Metro UI disabled through the registry:

[Image: ibq8qf2dBmUCZB.png]
you haz a bucket!!!! LOL. Nice... looks like win 7 which is a nicer style then metro.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows 8 - Release Preview (Download) AceInfinity 8 3,735 05-01-2017, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Miltan