Support Forums

Full Version: Windows 8 Developer Preview Released [09.13.11]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
A legit Windows 8 developer preview is going to be released today after the Microsoft build conference Smile

Quote:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/home/

This includes a 64-bit (x64) build with development tools to build apps and a 32-bit (x86) without development tools

Now we'll finally be able to get an inside look at what Windows 8 will be like
To be honest, I think it's not going to look too much different to Win7, if it's good though, I may have to get a (can't say) copy. See if it's any good, but I love my Linux.

Damn hard decisions. Confused
I actually heard of quite a few nice changes lately though. All of what you heard so far, unless it was directly from Microsoft is not true.
Windows 8 really looks promising. I don't really like some of the GUI though. Thanks for the news Ace.
(09-13-2011, 11:32 AM)SaNĘ¹ Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 8 really looks promising. I don't really like some of the GUI though. Thanks for the news Ace.

How do you know though? it wasn't even released at the time you posted this.

It's now officially released on their site though. You can download the developers preview in 32 or 64 bit.
This looks good I hear it starts up faster like 30-70 % than windows 7 !
(09-13-2011, 07:14 PM)Blazin Wrote: [ -> ]This looks good I hear it starts up faster like 30-70 % than windows 7 !

It's supposed to boot in 8 seconds
That looks awesome, I saw the video on youtube where it boots up in 8 seconds. Amazing. I'll probably get it when the price dwindles down a bit.
I won't, it looks like it was developed for a touchscreen, tablet, or anything else like that. I think it's a stupid idea, they give you a windows 8 for touchscreen features, and it's basically like a "blog site" the way it's laid out, so if you're not using the windows 8 touchscreen-supported stuff, then inside of windows 8 itself they give you the option to use a Windows 7 UI. (Just like Windows 7 has an XP Mode).

Although Windows 7 with XP mode actually makes sense, this is just senseless, and really stupid. I don't want a damn touchscreen if i'm going to be programming, it's just going to slow down my progress with all this extra click-drag, and visual stuff...
(09-13-2011, 08:29 PM)Ace Wrote: [ -> ]I won't, it looks like it was developed for a touchscreen, tablet, or anything else like that. I think it's a stupid idea, they give you a windows 8 for touchscreen features, and it's basically like a "blog site" the way it's laid out, so if you're not using the windows 8 touchscreen-supported stuff, then inside of windows 8 itself they give you the option to use a Windows 7 UI. (Just like Windows 7 has an XP Mode).

Although Windows 7 with XP mode actually makes sense, this is just senseless, and really stupid. I don't want a damn touchscreen if i'm going to be programming, it's just going to slow down my progress with all this extra click-drag, and visual stuff...

true this..
similear to how ubuntu fudged up big time porting to the unity interface

I must admit that the 11.10 is promising compared to 11.04, its not a drastic, but its getting better... who knows maybe 12.04 will be better... seeing as it will also be a LTS version...

anyways im caught between windows 7 horrible plain gui, (I also fudged around with regedit for a theme and fudged sum crap up) and ubuntu 11.04 horrible functionality...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6