Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MyBB Posting Bug
I was replying to someone on a thread, but after I posted my comment, the post was completely blank, nothing on it. Here's a view of it after everything as been selected with Ctrl + A. As you can see there's absolutely no character in the actual post itself. No hidden space, or any other char code.

Selected View:
Here's a normal view of the post:

Yea, I noticed that before you edited it and I was like wtf?!
How you think it happened? maybe you deleted the " [/quote] " because that's the only way that could happen. Wierd.
[quote]Nope, I was sure, I reviewed it a couple of times, I tried editing the post an reposting but it wouldn't let me, so I removed the quick quotted content, and it solved it. I noticed another member go through the same thing with a null post, and I thought he was just trying to be funny lol.

^ This is what would happen if you miss the end tag on a quote btw, None of the post content gets removed
I'm not sure what your trying to show us with your last post?
(08-21-2011, 02:28 AM)Oliver‌‌‌‌ Wrote: Yea, I noticed that before you edited it and I was like wtf?!
How you think it happened? maybe you deleted the " [/quote ] " because that's the only way that could happen. Wierd.

I quick quotted this guy ^^^^ in a message I was posting on another thread. He thought that the null/empty post was caused by not ending the "Quote" mycode tag with this "[/quote]" end tag. I was showing that it doesn't have any effect on the content of the post, it just show's the mycode in the post instead of formatting it into a quote box.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regarding posting on old threads D3xus 10 1,679 10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  Bug Grin 1 772 03-13-2013, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Dubai
  IP Login History bug? Cronus 9 1,260 08-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Kray
  Feedback on Posting and Posting Quality. Uzi 14 2,621 11-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Last Post: D3xus
  Possible Bug? FireMonkeyFun 3 761 09-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Last Post: LancerImpact